wiscuba.com

Full Version: Bonaire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Before Easter I went with the DivePoint crowd on a great trip to Bonaire.  Rooms were at Plaza Resort and were nice.  We did boat dives with Toucan Divers and took the truck on plenty of shore dives. 

Had the camera with and took some pictures.  Well, 1,400 pictures were taken.  I tried to cut this down to a more reasonable number of photos.

We flow on Air Jamaica, it was the champagne flight which was a lot of fun, I slept.  When we got to Bonaire, it was time to get some food.  Hit the grocery store.  European if flavor, but eats are eats.

We were greeted by the local iguana population.  This is a desert island and these guys are everywhere.  Fun to watch though.

When you see a rack of tanks like this, you know you want to go diving.

We had a great boat crew, here they are greating ready for a dive. 

A view of Plaza Resort on the way out.  Kind of nice.  I did 3 night dives off of this beach and they all were great.  Moray eels all over the place.

In the water we go.  Plenty of nice stuff in the water.  I really like the anemones and the Christmas Tree Worms.

There are fish also.

There were some nice porcupinefish all over the place.  They were fun to watch

There were also some small fish as you see here.

The anemones had some nice creatures in them such as shrimp and arrow crabs.

After you get done with boat diving it is time to go shore diving.  Here is a typical spot and a nice marker.

It seems that everywhere I go there are people leaving boats laying around underwater.  Bonaire is no exception.  Here is the famous wreck of the Hilma Hooker.

Plenty of tarpon in this boat.

There are a lot of eels in Bonaire.  Here are some prime examples.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8