wiscuba.com

Full Version: Bonaire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
THere are a large variety of eel in Bonaire.  You have the common green moray eel and the less common manytooth conger.

Bonaire is one of the great places in the world to study squid.  The squid can put on a great show when they come around.

In the soft coral you can find all sort of little creatures.  Here are two of my favorite, the fireworm and the flamingo tongue.

Finally in the coral you can find the Christmas tree worm and the scarlet band cleaning shrimp.  These little guys make the time spent worth it.

I hope you enjoyed these pictures as much as I enjoyed making them.  But finally we have to say good-bye to the 84 deg F water and get back to the real world of 33 deg F river water and a dry suit.

In either case, get out and dive.

Doug
I finally  was able to put together a few pictures from a trip in March to Bonaire. It was a great trip and I took many pictures.  It was a blast.  Bonaire offers a lot of freedom to dive and really enjoy yourself.  You can easily get in 20 to 30 dives in a week and see many sites as there is a large diversity of creatures in Bonaire.

A few pictures would be nice.

One of the thins that I like is the variety in Bonaire.  In over 20 dives we saw a moray eel in every dive.  The variety we saw was great: green, spotted, sharpstail, goldentail, chain, purplemouth and manytoothed conger.  Here are tw nice examples.

Megan is a great spotter.  Conditions were extremely good for spotting fish life.  Here Megan demonstrates her diving skill.  And a good look at the great coral that exists in Bonaire.

I like to take pictures of the little things.  Here are some nice crustaceans.

Here are some other fine little things.

I also like to watch the blue fish.  But sometimes they gang up on the reef.

Finally some of the things that made this trip remarkable.  We ran into a lot of silversides on these dives and they were very interesting.  Usually they would open up as a ball and you could pass therough the cloud.  But when frightened, they would run into you and it felt like being hit with paint balls.  Made for a great time.

There were also a lot of squid.  They put on some great shows.  They are an exceptional creature and more than fun to watch.

It was a great trip and I hope that these few pictures show how fun it was.

Doug

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8