Remember me
Lost Password Register

Freediving the "Milwaukee"
07-13-2003, 05:28 PM,
Re:Freediving the "Milwaukee"
Jon,
As you said, a great day on the water. I was in the group off the "Mika" tied up at the "Willie". To say the least, you surprised one of our divers with your camera and NO tank! I like the shots you took of us. If you get any contact from the person who "lost" the weights, Scubert and I brought up 4 of them. Couldn't carry the rest.....The Freediving looks neat, I'd like to try it sometime.

Matt
07-13-2003, 05:32 PM,
I'm not sure which one you were Amtt- what kind of gear did you have on? I have some other shots that i ttok, but sisn't turn out as well, that I could post.

Here's another one.

Jon

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   mika_diver_1.jpg_thumb (Size: 28.03 KB / Downloads: 0)
07-13-2003, 05:33 PM,
And another one.

Jon

.jpg_thumb   mika_diver_2.jpg_thumb (Size: 25.18 KB / Downloads: 0)
07-13-2003, 05:34 PM,
Yet another one.

Jon

.jpg_thumb   split_fin_diver.jpg_thumb (Size: 18.61 KB / Downloads: 0)
07-13-2003, 06:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-13-2003, 06:19 PM by matt t..)
I was in 2 of the first 3 you posted. I have the OMS wing, Abysmal light, and "slung" black pony bottle. It's hard to tell us apart sometimes, my other 3 regular dive buddies and I all have the same drysuits (DUI 450's).

Matt
07-13-2003, 07:31 PM,
Great shots Jon!
I am in the first stern "Mika" shot on the left, I was diving a single tank as my pony and doubles were not ready... kindo last minute. I too have an OMS wing and CLX450, but have the diverite canister and turtlefins on. Too bad we didn't time things better, I would have liked to have seen more of you all freediving.
07-14-2003, 05:44 AM,
How was the Tug?

Too bad you guys didn't get out to the Milwaukee. It was an awesome dive. The vis was an easy 40'+, which is pretty rare for the Milwaukee.

Jon
07-14-2003, 06:46 AM,
We thought about the Milwaukee, but vis is usually pretty bad, and we had one guy who's kind of new to wreck diving so we did two easier wrecks.
The tug was okay. The vis wasn't bad, but wasn't great, probably 40-50', I can see why the tug isn't anyone's favorite dive. :Smile It's not too exciting.
07-14-2003, 07:01 AM,
Great shots - glad you guys had a good time out there!
07-14-2003, 04:03 PM,
The Tug used to be a lot nicer before every inch was coverein mussels.

I took this picture a little over 10 years ago- after the lake started to clean up but before everything was carpeted in mussels.

She still makes a nice snorkel and now reminds me of one of those planted wrecks in the caribbean.

The Milwaukee was so clear that I could see the whole top deck as soon I a broke past 65'. Onthe deck I could see a good 40' in all directions. I was told that it had been even better on Saturday. I guess that there were even schools of salmon on her on Saturday.

Jon

.jpg_thumb   Gillen_01.jpg_thumb (Size: 31.3 KB / Downloads: 0)