Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wazee....Open???
03-03-2006, 11:47 AM,
Wazee....Open???
I was up in Two Harbors last weekend for a friend's wedding and seeing all that open water about sent me into convulsions  Tongue

I'm seriously jonesing for a fix and I thought with the warm weather we've had Wazee could be open...anyone been out there lately  ???

If it is I might have to slip out for a couple dives and play hookey some day next week, otherwise I guess I'll head up to the Madeira.

CN3

Live fast, die young, leave a pretty corpse.
03-04-2006, 12:27 AM,
Re: Wazee....Open???
Not open, but a lot of people will be ice diving tomorrow (Saturday March 4) at Lake Wazee Sports Ice dive jamboree.  Starts at 10 a.m.

Doug
03-07-2006, 05:20 PM,
Thanks to all that came out diving on Saturday and dove with Wazee for the Ice Social.  Weather was absosmurfly beautiful with mid-40's and sunny weather.  Ice was about 8 inches thick and held up well.  Water was 35 degrees on my computer and vis was decent to murky throughout mostly 20-30 feet.

Thanks to all that attended and now lets have a nice ice melt to we can get some non-ice diving going.

Andy
03-08-2006, 06:16 PM,
8 inches...crap  :-\

I guess spring fevor is getting to me.  Looks like its got to be a trip to Superior then...not necessarily a bad thing  >Big Grin

Thanks for the info guys  Wink

CN3
Live fast, die young, leave a pretty corpse.
03-09-2006, 05:12 AM,
Might be a good idea to bring a sled to tow your gear if you go to the Madeira. My dad lives in Duluth and said they've gotten a lot of snow up there in the  past week.
03-10-2006, 03:10 PM,
I stopped by Split Rock last week. The madeira parking area gate was closed and the lot was not plowed.  Snow was plentyful.
--Jason