wiscuba.com

Full Version: Wazee....Open???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was up in Two Harbors last weekend for a friend's wedding and seeing all that open water about sent me into convulsions  Tongue

I'm seriously jonesing for a fix and I thought with the warm weather we've had Wazee could be open...anyone been out there lately  ???

If it is I might have to slip out for a couple dives and play hookey some day next week, otherwise I guess I'll head up to the Madeira.

CN3

Not open, but a lot of people will be ice diving tomorrow (Saturday March 4) at Lake Wazee Sports Ice dive jamboree.  Starts at 10 a.m.

Doug
Thanks to all that came out diving on Saturday and dove with Wazee for the Ice Social.  Weather was absosmurfly beautiful with mid-40's and sunny weather.  Ice was about 8 inches thick and held up well.  Water was 35 degrees on my computer and vis was decent to murky throughout mostly 20-30 feet.

Thanks to all that attended and now lets have a nice ice melt to we can get some non-ice diving going.

Andy
8 inches...crap  :-\

I guess spring fevor is getting to me.  Looks like its got to be a trip to Superior then...not necessarily a bad thing  >Big Grin

Thanks for the info guys  Wink

CN3
Might be a good idea to bring a sled to tow your gear if you go to the Madeira. My dad lives in Duluth and said they've gotten a lot of snow up there in the  past week.
I stopped by Split Rock last week. The madeira parking area gate was closed and the lot was not plowed.  Snow was plentyful.