Remember me
Lost Password Register

spring straps
01-11-2006, 05:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2006, 07:48 PM by Chris H.)
Re: spring straps

Divepoint is better.   ;D  I can't be certain, but if you go to Mountain Bay and ask about fins, you'll most likely be leaving with split fins of some sort...Did I mention that Divepoint has Jet Fins in stock?
01-11-2006, 07:16 PM,
Does Precision Sports in Oshkosh stock fins?  They should be the closest.
01-11-2006, 09:05 PM,
Closest, and/or cheapest isn't always best Wink.
04-24-2006, 11:43 AM,

Divepoint is better.  ;D I can't be certain, but if you go to Mountain Bay and ask about fins, you'll most likely be leaving with split fins of some sort...Did I mention that Divepoint has Jet Fins in stock?
[/quote]

;D  Like you stated....you can't be too certain.  We (Mountain Bay) do not have Jet fins in stock, but there is a couple of us  that don't dive anything but jet fins....or similar.  (I have turtles)

When I am selling a fin, I make it quite clear about fin use/type for particular occasions and diving uses.

Sooooo True!!

04-24-2006, 12:13 PM,
Holy old threads Batman  :o! Welcome Bigdiver.
04-24-2006, 12:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-24-2006, 03:00 PM by Bigdiver.)
Ha ha ha ;D......whats a couple months Wink

Seriously though, I just wanted to clear the water.
04-25-2006, 06:03 AM,
I think Aqua Center in Green Bay had a pair of the Scubapro's in stock.  I have not seen them listed in the dive shop directory, or Mountain Bay either.  Let's get them listed.
DEW >&ltWink)>
04-25-2006, 10:08 AM,
I sent out Mountain Bay's info yesterday....it should be updated soon!
04-25-2006, 10:39 AM,
Divepoint Scuba most likely has the Scubapro spring straps in stock.  They are identical to the Halcyon straps.  But, if we are talking about the original post, neither of those will work on a fin with the buckle posts on them.    In fact, after reading the thread again, I have no idea what we are talking about ;D

Bigdiver, welcome aboard.  I haven't been to Mountain Bay in a long time, but I remember it being very reacreational the last time I was, hence the split fin comment early on.
04-25-2006, 12:06 PM,
It is very much recreational....some of the past employees would talk bad about "tec diving" or ,god forbid, the use of trimix.  Much of this, as always, was due to a lack of information or mis-information.

I have worked there part time for nearly two years now and have integrated many of the technical diving standards, as well as, teaching and informing other employees general tec diving concepts. (particularly DIR).

I feel that Mountain Bay will never be a technical shop, per say, but at least there will be educated salesmen able to point you in the right direction.

;D