Remember me
Lost Password Register

Aviation Oxygen
01-13-2006, 07:43 PM,
Re: Aviation Oxygen
Wow, busy day  Wink

I will try to address everyone in this post, we'll see how it goes  Tongue

First of all regarding the RB section and my moderating it...I was just kidding  8)

Even the RB forum on MN is pretty slow and considering you have no local RB divers it doesn't make much sense.  In addition I am not a web surfer, I don't have the time to keep up with my email half the time.  I agree with Greg that rebreatherworld.com is an excellent site, but I rarely visit there either.  I do pop into MN and WI from time to time, I am more concerned about what is going on in our local scene than what some guy in England is doing  Smile

For guido...yes we have an O2PTIMA in stock, basically a Demo unit.  It has some very interesting features but they are having trouble delivering product.  Before I jumped to the KISS I was planning on getting one of the first O2PTIMA's.  After several months of waiting I decided to follow the most important rule of SCUBA diving and...not hold my breath  :Smile

There are a lot of rebreathers out there, each with their own features and benefits.  The "perfect" rebreather hasn't been invented yet...but it is definitely a very interesting time to be involved with the scene.

Given my limited internet availability (ask Greg about it if you want more info  :-X) I can't always promise to contribute to this list, but if you want to email me privately or call me at GUDC (763.424.8717) with more questions I will do my best to answer them all  Smile

I understand that I work for a diveshop and that some of you probably see it as my job to sell rebreathers, but if you check my posts on MN I have always maintained that RB's are not for everyone.  If you are thinking of moving your diving in that direction, great!  I will be more than happy to help you in any way I can.  If you DON'T ever want to dive an RB but are curious about how they work, why they work and why I dive one I will be more than happy to explain it  Smile 

When I first became involved with MN it was because of the negative propaganda against RB's and right in "our backyard."  The very first RB Nite was never intended to sell RB's but rather to gain "acceptance."  There are a lot of very good divers doing some incredible things on OC.  I know many of you adhear to DIR configurations, and that's great.  I don't care how you dive as long as you do it safely.  All us RB guys want is the same courtesy.  I know every single failure point of my RB, I have thought through 1001 different bailout/emergency/total CF situation that could happen.  I have weighed the risks against the benefits and I am comfortable with my decision.  Sorry, kind of ranting aren't I?  Wink  I guess my point is this...understanding can be reached only through education. 

Once again I appologize for a total highjack.  But I can tell you that I fill my O2 cylinder with Aviation grade oxygen and it never reads 100%  >Big Grin

CN3

Live fast, die young, leave a pretty corpse.