Remember me
Lost Password Register

Bonaire Photos
03-07-2005, 10:09 AM,
Bonaire Photos
Just uploaded some of the photos from my recent trip to Bonaire. First time using my new Nikon D70/Ikelite housing/strobe. Comments welcome.

Thanks,

Colin.

or to see the album directly:
03-07-2005, 08:02 PM,
Re: Bonaire Photos
Nice Colin.  I was looking at Bonaire this Summer (now I'm doing the Bahamas again Smile.  One of the challenges I saw with Bonaire was the transportation cost.  What route did you take to get down there?
--Jason
03-08-2005, 08:29 AM,
Very cool photos.  I like the one w/ all of the signs nailed onto one post.  Definitely neat.

03-09-2005, 03:42 PM,

We used Air Jamaica from Chicago to Montego Bay to Bonaire for both legs. Left Chicago at 6:15 am, arrived Bonaire at 3:30 pm. Left Bonaire at 4 pm arrived Chicago at 11pm. Not too bad, except we finally arrived home around 2 am after clearing customs and claiming bags in Chicago. The biggest advantage on the homeward leg was the extra time on the island...time to nuy those last t-shirts, but more importantly, we got to dive all day on Friday, rather than missing some of the later day dives.

Colin.
03-09-2005, 09:34 PM,
Making the same run next week down to Bonaire.  Dive we must.

Might even take some pictures.

Doug
03-10-2005, 08:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-10-2005, 08:29 AM by scubert.)
some great shots Colin,  my fave has to be the 1/4 profile of the French Angel. 
Those pix really make me sad about not getting a summer dive trip to the tropics. Sad

here are my two favorite pix from Bonaire (I guess I tend to shoot macro)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Frogfish.jpg_thumb (Size: 22.97 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Shrimp.jpg_thumb (Size: 35.47 KB / Downloads: 0)
03-11-2005, 08:19 AM,
scott, the picture of the shrimp is better than many i have seen in magazines.........any thoughts of cropping it andsending it in?
03-11-2005, 01:11 PM,
nah, not really.  I basically shoot for me.  If I could actually make some dough on them it would be cool, but for a onesie, it's really not worth the trouble.

BTW: any word on the photographer guy you took out, or did he just vanish after the fact?