Remember me
Lost Password Register

Gun Nuts :)
02-10-2005, 09:34 AM,
Re: Gun Nuts :)
Sounds like anybody diving with you guys might need a Kevlar integrated BCD...just kidding. Isn't the definition of gun control "hit what your aiming at"?
02-10-2005, 05:02 PM,
;D

Heh...on occasion Smile
02-10-2005, 07:04 PM,
Sometimes volume is good too.

Doug
02-10-2005, 09:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2005, 09:44 PM by freediverND.)
I love gun speak..  ;D  I think the savage a good choice with the funding limit..good rep for being accurate.  I'm especially interested in trying out their new accu trigger system sometime... sounds good from what  I hear.  my long range favorite is a win. laredo in 7mmstw.  great long range gun but dang it's destructive.  favorite p.d. rifle is an old ruger 77v in 220 swift. still a one holer.  do have an m1a but need to get it to shoot yet.  Oh and the rimfires.. my all time favs.
Has anyone seen those Mueller scopes.. got one recently and love it.. for the price, excellent so far.
OK.. where's the dive/shoot get together going to be?  maybe a little friendly rimfire competition eh? handguns or rifle... Wink
02-11-2005, 05:49 AM,
Ok, Ok, I know I have been away for awhile, but a good gun discussion always gets my attention, (actually Jon Z mentioned the thread)

Something that I have been doing lately that is a bunch of fun, is shooting International Defensive Pistol Assn. (IDPA) matches in Racine.  They shoot the first Saturday evening of the month.

You just need a safe handgun, a couple of magainzes and a holster. What you do is they set up scenerios, ie shoot/no shoot targets at different distances that you engage while moving and/or from behind cover.

Your score is based on how good your hits are and your time.  Everyone has fun and the people are great.  Hell, even if you don't have a gun, I always seem to have extras Wink, so drop me a line if you are interested.

Here is a link to their website.

These are fun, but the real fun is in the summer when we do this stuff outside, and they run 3 gun matches, that means you do the same thing thing, but with rifle, shotgun and handgun!!!!!

PS I think the only REAL gun nuts are the ones that think that criminals (the real problem) are going to start following the gun laws if they just pass a few more.  Or is it just the law abiding people like me that will lose their rights???
02-11-2005, 08:11 AM,
years ago I shot IDPA .. it was a hoot your're right.. and good practice.  but I got tired of paying entry fees and the club not paying out any rewards.  I could shoot falling plates behind the barn for free.  I forget what IDPA was called but it was very similar to another associaiton that the name escapes me which I shot before the IDPA became into being...  Practical Pistol Competition or PPC I think it was called.
I know a lot of my old time shooting buddies now are into the cowboy action shooting..  that's an expensive game!
I've always been more into the bench and rifles but always have shot a lot of handgun... 50' postal matches etc...  nowadays I'm really enjoying the rimfires.  and the big bores. and the .......
02-11-2005, 08:18 AM,
Gert... what is the most popular handgun/caliber in IDPA nowadays?
02-11-2005, 09:39 AM,
We should do a dive/shoot Smile  I just got my girlfriend a .22 Browning Buckmark for Valentines day (she's great...she's a cave diver and wants pistols for valentines day....what more could I ask for - heh) so now we've got a nice rimfire pistol in the gun cabinet too.

Wonder if Wazee would let us get away w/ shooting in one of the fields???  Wink
02-11-2005, 10:45 AM,
maybe I'm crazy (maybe???) but before the freedive apalooza last year I did all kinda searches with google etc. on Black River Falls to see if they had a shooting range.. I thought tying a shoot along with the trip would be fun, and also I wasn't sure of just how much time I'd be in the water at the apalooza.. didn't really leave much time for shooting as it turned out but if we had planned an afternoon of a break from the diving I sure would have promoted a little friendly rimfire competition somewhere.. I'm sure with the "gun nuts" here on the board we could put together a pretty good arsenal to do a little fun shoot and those that aren't so well equipped we could sure supply them.  You can't beat shooting rimfires.. all afternoon for a few dollars is tough to beat. . 'course a little more for the .17's and the 22 mags. but still very inexpensive fun.
02-11-2005, 10:50 AM,
i was think more along the lines of a Daisy "red rider" myself..... Tongue
actually i recently fell to the man controlling wifes suggestions..and sold my glock....how pathentic is that???