Remember me
Lost Password Register

Gun Nuts :)
02-14-2005, 09:29 AM,
Re: Gun Nuts :)
The only gun I have really regretted selling, a bonafide, Franchi SPAS-12 shotgun with carry hook, folding stock and the nasty pistol grip.  In recent years they classified this as a Class 3 Dangerous Weapon and there was things going around that it would have to be registered with the ATF.  So I sold it at a gunshow in Wausau a couple years ago for three times what I paid for it.  One of the first guns I bought with student loan money.  Sorry the picture is kind of dated, it shows ol Andy with a full head of hair in 1994.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   SPAS-12.jpg_thumb (Size: 39.38 KB / Downloads: 0)
02-14-2005, 11:51 AM,
nice rifles... here's one that I wish was in my cabinet...

.jpg_thumb   schuetzen.jpg_thumb (Size: 5.11 KB / Downloads: 0)
02-14-2005, 05:42 PM,
a few that are in the cabinet..... or in the truck.. depending..
you'd think the 308 m1a w/gen3 ranging scope might be my good 1000 yarder but it's not.. my fav deer rifle... the winchester laredo LRH in 7mmstw has it beat by a long shot.. best 3 shot group has been 1.625" @ 400yds.. maybe that was a fluke (not by much... Wink) but I have taken deer a looooooong way off and placed my shots very well.
mrclean... how's that .50 shoot and who's the barrel by?  I've always thought I needed one but just haven't been able to bring myself to drop the $$,  I've never shot one either, but always thought it would be blast.

.jpg_thumb   m1a_laredo.JPG_thumb (Size: 25.57 KB / Downloads: 0)
02-14-2005, 05:45 PM,
I love show and tell... here's my most pd getter.. the swift

.jpg_thumb   swift.jpg_thumb (Size: 24.95 KB / Downloads: 0)
02-15-2005, 07:16 PM,
What are the specifics on your M1A? I recently bought a SA standard walnut (used, but never fired), with SA gen 3 scope mount. I've heard nothing good about the scope mount. What are you using for a mount?
02-15-2005, 07:58 PM,
matt.. it's a standard m1a too.. I'm still workin' on loads for it as I haven't found anything that I'm happy with yet and I still have a lot of testing to do before I settle on a load.  It's a gen 3 scope mount too, I waited a long time to find a good deal on the gen3 scope before I fired it and as you can see it ends up way to high for real comfortable shooting.  I'd sure like to change out the stock to one with an adjustable cheek piece or find a good leather one to strap on.  Nice rifle though... I'm sure glad I got it, they're not getting any cheaper that's for sure.
02-16-2005, 06:27 AM,
Took a really good friend of mine to the range last Saturday and she discovered that the attachment is very true, she shot both of my glocks, my benelli Super 90 and my Bushmaster AR15.

We had a ton of fun (and I got to chronograph some of my pet loads too)

.jpg_thumb   blackriflesfun.jpg_thumb (Size: 29.1 KB / Downloads: 0)
04-19-2005, 07:45 PM,
Here's a nice mix of the two topics- guns and scuba. Wink

04-20-2005, 09:40 AM,
That is so cool Smile  I have always wanted to do that!  Sweet video Smile