Remember me
Lost Password Register

DIR Spring Straps
05-15-2003, 03:08 PM,
Re:DIR Spring Straps
I picked up some spring straps for my Turtles off of Ebay. There's a guy that sells them on Ebay regularly all assembled complete with the caveline inside the springs for like $30. They are exactly the same as the ones in the picture below except instead of a delrin barrel connector it's an aluminum barrel connector. Smile
05-15-2003, 03:16 PM,

We saw those, but it would have been too easy! ;D
05-15-2003, 03:19 PM,

We saw those, but it would have been too easy! ;D
[/quote]
Well it wasn't as easy as I had hoped. Instead of having a nice D-connector for connecting the barrel/spring to the fin it just came with a prebent piece of SS-wire. It was a real pain to bend the wire to get it through the hole on the fin without tearing the fin. I managed though. Smile
02-15-2004, 07:52 AM,
Here is another example of a homemade spring strap. Uses a heavy duty spring and stainless steel wire to attach to the fin.

Works very well.

Doug

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   George_Spring_Strap_-_1_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 29.73 KB / Downloads: 0)
02-15-2004, 01:35 PM,
Hey, is that one of my quattros? One of my sets of fins looks exactly like that. Smile
--Jason
02-15-2004, 02:41 PM,
They are not yours, but I suspect that there will be another Jason with a pair of these shortly.

Doug