Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Wazee
06-04-2003, 09:36 AM,
Re:Lake Wazee
I 'spose.

Well heck...when are you bringing the sled out to Wazee and trying to do that one on a breath hold? ;D

Just kidding...givin' ya a hard time!
06-04-2003, 09:17 PM,

These guys dive out of Going Under Dive Center in Maple Grove, MN.

Check it out at

Doug
06-04-2003, 10:25 PM,
I attended a rebreather seminar sponsored by GUDC several months ago. They are real big into the Buddy Inspirations. Interesting technology. Expensive -- at least initially. And if you don't pay attention it can seriously hurt you.

The guys from Scuba Dive & Travel are probably the leaders in OC technical diving in the cities. They are at Wazee all the time too. It's not often that you walk into a dive shop and see all backplates and wings along the walls.
--Jason
06-05-2003, 05:20 AM,
It's pretty cool technology, the rebreathers. What amazes me is the dives that you can do on one of them and how short your decompression times can be on them....it's amazing!
06-05-2003, 09:15 PM,
A reminder for everyone that has thought about dry suit diving but has never tried it. DUI days is June 14 and 15 at Lake Wazee. This is a great oppurtunity to try out a dry suit and see if you like it before spending big money. You may not end up buying a DUI suit but the chance to try it out is great.

This is how I determined what I wanted in a dry suit. I have had no regrets about my dry suit purchase after 90 dives and it is a good time.

Doug
07-21-2003, 02:39 PM,
That pic is of John J (moderator for the rebreather forum on the mnscuba.com site). JasonBaker and I saw him out there Sunday but he wasn't carrying the OC bailout bottles.
08-06-2003, 09:20 AM,
I could have put this into the clean-up dive thread (Sept 20th) but anyway...
So who put the artificial sea-weed down by the North Access (da wall) Fish Cribs? I was examining these unique aqua plant life for runs in their stalks. Didn't get too far...Dropped below 500 psi and went in. I just thought someone went to a lot of work for this piece of artwork...I haven't laughed that hard U/W for a while now.
I have to get a picture of these weeds before the clean-up dive!!!

Jean Smile
08-06-2003, 09:29 AM,
I'm not sure who put them in there, but they've been there for about a year or so now - it could be that it survived last years clean up. It's pretty cool.

A couple of months ago some not so nice people wrapped and braided and tied all the pantyhose up around the palette so that nothing was floating and then they dropped it over the cliff. Last weekend Al and I hooked some lift bags to it and brought it back up and unraveled the mess someone created. Darn vandals.
08-07-2003, 02:58 PM,

My thanks for your efforts. It was a real pleasure to see, for sure. And I agree , those durn vandals. How would they liked to be tied up and rolled down the cliff I wonder??? HMMMMM

Jean Smile
08-08-2003, 07:12 AM,
Hehe...it's a tempting thought ;D