Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Wazee
09-16-2007, 03:29 PM,
Re: Lake Wazee
Are you talking to me?  You must be talking to me since you are looking at me.  Do you think that I am lunch?  Want to fight?

The bluegills act like a batch of tough guys.  Though I did have one take my dry glove finger down to the first knuckle and try to bite.  Could not choke it down.  I am glad the Pike do not act this tough.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Bluegill - 13 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 35.1 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Bluegill - 16 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 33.85 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-16-2007, 03:38 PM,
Finally the walleyes.  The walleyes are a predator that eats most everything else, but usually lying around looking for something to eat but not being aggressive. 

You often find them laying on the bottom.  Just looking up and hanging out.  Some times you find them under the logs.  They are difficult to spot under the logs and I thin they like to sleep.

Good to be on top of the food chain.

.jpg_thumb   Walleye - 4 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 44.22 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Walleye - 3 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 51.84 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-16-2007, 03:48 PM,
Here is another look at walleyes under the brach.  They like to hide and sleep there during the day.  JUst a nice hangout, until something needs to be eaten.

When walleye are in a group, they sometimes are suspenmed like this group is.  Bass do this a lot.  The more walleyes in a spont the more likely they will be stacked in the water column.  Nice to watch.

I hope that this information helps you understand fish better.

Dive On, Dudes

Doug

Attached Files
.jpg   Walleye - 1 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg (Size: 90.32 KB / Downloads: 371)
.jpg   Walleye - 2 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg (Size: 77.94 KB / Downloads: 352)
.jpg_thumb   Walleye - 1 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 43.38 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Walleye - 2 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 36.44 KB / Downloads: 0)
10-04-2007, 05:11 PM,
...nice pics....  ...anyone have recent water temps in Wazee...?...thx....
10-04-2007, 05:35 PM,
About 65 deg F at the surface.
50 ish below the thermocline and then progressively colder to 40 deg F deep

No problem using a wet suit above the thermocline.

Doug
10-04-2007, 08:41 PM,
....thx Doug.....
05-25-2008, 05:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2008, 06:06 PM by dfreeman.)
Had a nice dive in Lake Wazee on Saturday.  The visibility below 80 feet is real good.  Shallower it is still clearing up from turnover.  The strong wind and resulting waves is not helping this situation.  Still it was good enough for taking pictures and areas not affected by waves are getting pretty good.

The suckers are spawning and you can see them in groups on the spawning grounds.  These are fun to watch.  The bass and panfish are coming back but have not been back in strength.  There are some nice walleye going around but I could not get a good picture.  Have not seen the perch.  They were thick on the weed beds last year, but are not back yet.

Took some pictures for everyone to enjoy.  The spawning suckers can be seen.  Not sure about the stripe markings.  Is it the species or part of spawning?

Panfish were acting tough as usual.  These guys are fearless, you can see it in their eyes.  Good thing they do not have sharp teeth.

.jpg_thumb   Sucker-13-2-Edit-2.jpg_thumb (Size: 34.71 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   Panfish-8-Edit-2.jpg (Size: 51.69 KB / Downloads: 206)
.jpg   Panfish-12-Edit-2.jpg (Size: 52.34 KB / Downloads: 225)
05-25-2008, 06:08 PM,
There were plenty of bass around also.  Some real nice ones.  Hope to see more and see them on the spawning grounds.

Got a picture of the anchor at 100 feet using ambient light.  Visibility must not be too bad and a sunny day helps.

Doug

.jpg   Buoy Anchor-1-Edit-e-mail.jpg (Size: 92.02 KB / Downloads: 206)
.jpg   Panfish-15-Edit-2.jpg (Size: 46.03 KB / Downloads: 193)
.jpg   Bass-2-Edit-2.jpg (Size: 43.04 KB / Downloads: 207)
10-06-2009, 11:57 AM,
Doug, is there a place on the internet that you keep a collection of your photos at? I really enjoy looking at all of them but it is a little tough to go through all of the talk in here to get the photos! Thanks in advance! James
10-06-2009, 06:18 PM,
I have not put my pictures in an internet location since they do not seem to last.  But since there is some interest, I will put some in the Gallery here on WISCUBA.  Will test this out and post again.

Doug