Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Wazee
09-04-2007, 09:36 PM,
Re: Lake Wazee
Here are a couple of tree pictures.  The first is an original tree that shows the growth that is all over it  The second is a branch that fell in during one of the summer storms and has been put in the vertical by divers.  There was a time when the first picture looked like the second.  Time changes many things.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Trees - 2 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 38.64 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Aspen Branch - 1 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 36.98 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-04-2007, 09:42 PM,
There are some neat statues.  The swimmer really looks neat in the sun.  The marbles really sparkle.  There is a nice Buddha in the lake nd he likes to dive also.  Visit him when you get a chance.

.jpg_thumb   Swimmer - 1 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 40.94 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Buddha - 3 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 31.18 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-04-2007, 09:47 PM,
The bass were all over the place and so was Chris.  Good diving had by all.

.jpg_thumb   Bass - 1 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 35.37 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Chris - 1 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 27.97 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-04-2007, 09:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-04-2007, 09:54 PM by dfreeman.)
Finally another shot of Chris and a nice art picture through the trees. 
I hope you liked the little trip.

Doug

.jpg   Trees - 2 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg (Size: 98.58 KB / Downloads: 231)
.jpg   Chris - 2 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg (Size: 87.73 KB / Downloads: 251)
.jpg   Trees - 1 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg (Size: 84.2 KB / Downloads: 238)
.jpg_thumb   Chris - 2 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 27.1 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Trees - 2 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 38.64 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Chris - 2 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 27.1 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Trees - 1 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 25.66 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-05-2007, 09:03 AM,

Some very enjoyable dives.  I think I prefer the art pictures ;D  It was WARM above the thermocline.
09-05-2007, 11:50 AM,
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
09-16-2007, 03:14 PM,
I spent a little time in Lake Wazee a week ago and I thought I would put together a collection of pictures that show a little of the habitat of the fish and where I find them.  Also, I thought you just might like the pictures. 

I will start out with Buddha.  While he is cool with his goggles, the fish do not seem to be over there.  Perhaps when conditions clear for visibility. 

A more common place to see fish is in the trees, like with these bluegills enjoying the upper branches.  Typically, the bluegills are on to, bass below and walleyes on the bottom.  I think that they watch each other and hope not to get eaten.

.jpg_thumb   Buddha - 6 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 35.51 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Trees - 5 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 32.19 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-16-2007, 03:17 PM,
Bass seem to be everywhere.  They follow you around and hope you will kick up some food.  They are a bit hyperactive.  But they do float in the tree cover in the middle of the water column, looking for something to eat.  Maybe some bait.

Take a close look, do you think that this fish would take some foolish man-made bait?

.jpg_thumb   Bass - 23 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 33.05 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Bass - 24 - Enhanced - Close-up - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 33.94 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-16-2007, 03:21 PM,
Perch seem to spend most of their time in the weeds.  This is different than being on weed.  They seem to stay close to the weeds and in groups.  It is good to see the perch getting bigger and soon they will be a good fishing size.  They seem to school up a lot and act like tropical fish in schools.  Probably afraid of beingeaten.

.jpg_thumb   Perch - 1 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 38.09 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Perch - 2 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 37.39 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-16-2007, 03:25 PM,
Bluegills feel that they are the studs of the lake.  They will see if you are edible no matter what your size is.  They like to hang around in school and near structure, especially the fish cribs.  I think that they are often lunch for bass and walleye. 

.jpg_thumb   Bluegill - 12 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 37.53 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Bluegill - 15 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 35.12 KB / Downloads: 0)