Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Wazee
08-18-2007, 03:01 PM,
Re: Lake Wazee
OK guys, who hit the table at the wall and broke the leg?  Looks like some one backed into it with a truck.  The table still stands but will need some repair.  The table is usable now but hard to say how long this will last.

By the way, who left their "Delectables" down by the ball?

If this was the same group, I wish they would have invited me to the party.

Doug
08-30-2007, 06:38 PM,
Exploration of Lake Wazee continued over theweekend.  Time was spent looking for the fish and getting them in action.  One of the first things to notice is that the fish like cover in Lake Wazee.  When you find submerged trees like this, you can be sure that fish are hiding nearby.  Sometimes you have those sneaky walleyes hiding in the trees.  What chance do you think the fishermen have getting the walleye out of there.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Trees - 1 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 38.57 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Walleye - 106 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 42.94 KB / Downloads: 0)
08-30-2007, 06:41 PM,
More of those sneaky walleye.  The walleye like to rest in the shadow of logs and under logs where te larger trees are.  They will even float under the dead canapy of the trees.

.jpg_thumb   Walleye - 105 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 39.84 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Walleye - 101 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 37.22 KB / Downloads: 0)
08-30-2007, 06:44 PM,
The bass in the lake are all over the place and acting tough.  They like to follow you and hunt in the wake of the divers.  They are just everywhere and gettng fatter.

Doug

.jpg_thumb   Bass - 107 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 36.75 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Bass - 113 - Enhanced- e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 33.15 KB / Downloads: 0)
08-30-2007, 06:46 PM,
Both the bass and the bluegill like to face you down.  Here are some of the tough guys.

.jpg   Bluegill - 4 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg (Size: 88.18 KB / Downloads: 298)
.jpg_thumb   Bass - 101 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 39.07 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Bluegill - 4 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 42.41 KB / Downloads: 0)
08-30-2007, 06:49 PM,
Finally we come to the suckers.  They have been churning up the bottom something fierce.  Need to hit them with a spear gun.  I also like some of the man-made items in the like.  I call this one the swimmer and I like to dive past it whenever possible.  The marbles really look neat when the sunlight hits them.

See you at the bottom.

Doug

.jpg   Sucker - 1 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg (Size: 84.05 KB / Downloads: 320)
.jpg_thumb   Sucker - 1 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 37.78 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Swimmer - 4 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 43.27 KB / Downloads: 0)
08-30-2007, 07:35 PM,
Great shots!  The Bass are not facing you down, they are asking you to feed them crayfish.  Wazee is a fun place to dive if you get in before the roto routers.  Thier students are pretty bad too.

Jim
08-31-2007, 04:38 PM,
if you get in before the roto routers.  Thier students are pretty bad too.? what are you referring to...?.....

08-31-2007, 05:51 PM,
Roto rooting instructors???
09-04-2007, 09:31 PM,
Did somenice diving over the weekendwith Chris and Matt.  Took a few pictures that I hope you will enjoy.  No roto rooter this time.  I have been trying to get pictures of these guys for a while so you are going to get a double dose.

.jpg_thumb   Bass Fry - 1 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 35.31 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Bass Fry - 2 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 24.22 KB / Downloads: 0)