Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive Insurance - What Do You Do?
08-27-2004, 07:10 PM,
Re:Dive Insurance - What Do You Do?
I have a DAN membership for the travel insurance. Since I travel internationally a lot for work, my personal insurance has been extended to cover me internationally. My insurance will cover all diving related treatments.

Doug
08-27-2004, 07:25 PM,
Very nice! Saves you a few dollars then at lest.
08-27-2004, 09:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2004, 06:22 AM by WIdiver_Paul.)
State of Wisconsin Historical Society, NOAA and AUS requires all project divers to have it. I notice alot more charters requiring it now too. Most other projects i've heard of also require it, i'm sure even DNR require it these days and i've heard of some instructors requiring it especially for technical classes. One thing to note if I remember correctly is they don't cover some stuff for accidents less than 50 miles from home.
08-28-2004, 07:38 AM,
If I recall, it's just the travel expenses.
10-31-2004, 12:27 PM,
Dive Insurance
Looking at the NSS-CDS website and came across another instance where DAN insurance specifically is required:

GUEST DIVER CREDENTIALS CONFIRMATION BY GUIDE

The following items have been reviewed and approved by the Hart Springs Guide for participation of the Guest Diver identified above:

Guide's Initials:

_________ 1. Cave Diver Rating ("Full" Cave) or higher; list agency:_____________
_________ 2. DAN insurance or equivalent.
_________ 3. Cave diving 100+ cave dives experience; confirmed with:
___ Logbook ___ Abe Davis/Wakulla/equiv. Award ___ Personal Knowledge
_________ 4. Hart Springs Waiver and Release of Liability completed.
_________ 5. Park diving entry fee paid.

Hart Springs Guide Name:___________________________________Date:__________________

Signature:______________________________________________