Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive Insurance - What Do You Do?
08-26-2004, 03:08 PM,
Dive Insurance - What Do You Do?
I just got done renewing my DAN Master dive insurance.

Out of curiosity, what do some of you do?? I know that my health plan will cover a lot of the hyperbaric treatments as part of my regular insurance, but I like the added security that the DAN insurance brings.

Do you do dive insurance? What type?
08-26-2004, 04:11 PM,
Re:Dive Insurance - What Do You Do?
I use the DAN insurance program as after contacting my health care insurance provider that they cover very little if anything if I am outside of the US.
08-26-2004, 04:34 PM,
I use the DAN Master insurance.

Most health insurance plans do not necessarily cover odd-ball things like a chamber ride, and almost certainly won't cover a helicopter trip for that chamber ride.
Even if they do cover all that domestically, as NEHDAD says, they won't cover it out of the country.

Plus as a member of DAN I get the swell 'Alert Diver' newsletter, and tons of junk mail asking if I want a DAN credit card Tongue
08-26-2004, 05:31 PM,
DAN Master
08-26-2004, 06:26 PM,
At least I'm not the only one getting nailed with all of those credit card offers.

One funny thing I just noticed, after printing off my temporary card - they change the fish on their cards from year to year - kinda cool.
08-26-2004, 06:47 PM,
DAN Master here.

Anyone ever compare it to Diveassure?
--Jason
08-26-2004, 06:58 PM,
No, I haven't.

Although I was just talking to my girlfriend, and she said there was a big comparison of dive insurances in Rodales recently. I'm trying to dig up the article online somewhere.
08-27-2004, 05:59 AM,
The projects I work on REQUIRE DAN master insurance.
08-27-2004, 06:19 AM,
I've always regarded DAN as the best. I guess this review said otherwise, which is kind of why I was looking for it.
08-27-2004, 08:04 AM,
Paul, What kind of projects do you do that "require" the insurance?