Remember me
Lost Password Register

Pyramids of Rock Lake
09-25-2005, 09:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-25-2005, 09:50 PM by WIdiver_Paul.)
Re: Pyramids of Rock Lake
FYI the dive sites are all in the middle of the lake (good 1 mile in) in 50 feet of water. Boat traffic is heavy, idiots abound, nobody has ever seen a dive flag it seems as well. Take 3 boats and "corral" them around the site you're diving. If you can find it, that is. Ice diving is probably the best bet, with good numbers and thick ice. Trouble is there's spots where it never freezes due to spring action and warm water. Never take a car on the lake, and only use ATV's if you can recover them yourself. (BRRRRR)

/ Rocks, rocks everywhere, not a pyramid to see...
02-24-2006, 09:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-24-2006, 09:51 AM by WIdiver_Paul.)
Bill on Nordic Diver put up a on the Car Ferry and Deep Sea Detectives episode upcoming, and browsing the History Channel website I discovered that the "Digging For The Truth" episode on that I assisted with last summer will be showing Saturday, Feb 25 at 1pm Central. If you miss  it you can get it on DVD .

I still think it smacks of bunk to me. Perhaps that's why I've never gotten my complimentary copy of the as promised from Archie Eischborn (darn!).

From the Website:

America's Pyramids.
Airs on Saturday, February 25 at 2:00pm ET

In 1539, Hernando de Soto's Conquistadors landed in Florida in search of new lands and treasure for the Spanish Crown. Three years later, they were run off the continent by Native American warriors that lived on enormous, earthen pyramids along the Mississippi River. Who were these people? And how did they defeat one of the world's most powerful armies? Follow Josh Bernstein as he paddles down the bayous; builds his own earthen pyramid with modern equipment; and scuba-dives the cold, dark waters of Wisconsin to solve the mystery of America's pyramid builders.  TVPG

/ i guess we just l. Must be something in the water Smile
03-05-2006, 08:36 PM,
Hello everyone,I just found out about this site. I have a small charter boat (pontoon) I've got rigged for diveing.My instructor and I dive Rock allot.No Pyramids,lots of anchors and misc. trash. I to contacted "The Society" with the same results.....NOTHING.Anyone interested in going out,contact me 279-1146
WORK IS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T DIVE!
05-06-2007, 08:49 PM,
Dove Rock Lake last weekend with Cambridge Divers (Randy Peine). We found what appeared to be mounds of stones, rocks laid out in circular paterens and maybe the turtle effigy mound. The stone mounds may be glacial remains but the placement on either end of a submerged sand bar looks awfully man planned. The circular stone patterns are definately man made and may mark Pukawska pits that have been knocked over by boaters and anchors.

We also found the wheel off of a Model A...anyone missing one? Smile

05-06-2007, 09:08 PM,
So, you came here from Georgia or thereabouts to do that dive.  Are you disappointed, surprised, elated, or otherwise moved by what you saw?
05-06-2007, 09:20 PM,
I am planning to come back right before the ice comes in this fall to do some more looking. I found enough to pique my interest and want to find more.

Mike
05-21-2007, 02:46 PM,
Here is my dive report.

Mike