Remember me
Lost Password Register

Pyramids of Rock Lake
04-15-2003, 12:28 PM,
Re:Pyramids of Rock Lake
I've got "Lost Pyramids of Rock Lake: Wisconsins Sunken Civilization" but haven't looked at it in a couple of years. Every time I get it back I loan it out to one of my dive buddies. It is interesting to read, but no info on the locations of the pyramids. I haven't looked at the newer one with the lake map.

Derrick
04-15-2003, 12:32 PM,
Derrick,
do you know if your book is still in print, or if it has been replaced by "Atlantis"?
04-15-2003, 04:39 PM,
loony fest
BTW: here are a few of the links that share in some of the "pyramid" theories.

:o
04-15-2003, 07:13 PM,

Looks like both are in print, but takes 2 - 3 weeks on amazon. I might brake down and get the "Allantis" book. It is only $10.47.
04-16-2003, 07:22 AM,
good luck Derrick,
you've been warned ;D
05-20-2003, 07:29 AM,
Wow...this is all kinda interesting. Granted, it may be just a bunch of crackpot theories but it's still kind of interesting.

I'd be really interested in getting a group together next winter to dive this. I don't know if there is a dive shop in the area, but I could snag a bunch of tanks from the diveshop here in town if we needed any extras.

These kind of things are fun...reminds me of the Paulding Light in Michigan.
05-20-2003, 12:30 PM,
There's really no dive shop that I know if in that area. Madison is probably the closest at 30 minutes or so.

If we are going to get something like this prepped for the winter it would really pay to hit the lake this summer with a small boat and do some advanced scouting dives to get GPS locations. Otherwise we could be cutting holes in the ice all day before we hit the right area.

I will work on trying to get the rough mapping done in the next few weeks. I've got the bottom contour map of Rock Lake, i just need to get a copy of the map from Atlantis in WI to super-impose the two.
I think we could probably get a bunch of divers for this trip, I personally know about 5-6 others who have expressed some interest in the scheme. It would be nice to get 10 or so divers for this one [there may even be an expedition t-shirt involved Smile ]
05-20-2003, 12:38 PM,
You might want to try and contact Mark Cozikowski in Madison for the numbers. He runs Coz's diving service.

Jon
05-20-2003, 03:04 PM,
Thanks Jon!
do you have contact info for Mark?
email would be great, but anything would help
thanks again
scubert
05-20-2003, 07:05 PM,
Type in COsmic DIvers to find his website. He teaches the MATC classes in Madison and also does some commercial dive jobs around here.

Jon