Remember me
Lost Password Register

PST E8-130s are shipping
06-28-2004, 05:08 PM,
Re:PST E8-130s are shipping

this is what I use as well, with the Halcyon SS BP and explorer 55# Wing,

I can't say enough good about how well these tanks balance!

For the price, you can't beat the capacity and value.

I lucked out and Gert went right to the factory to pick mine up before they stopped production - thanks Gert!

They should be well worth anyone's wait- get yourself a used set of 104's if you can find them until you get your new E8-130's: They're basically the same tank!

06-28-2004, 06:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2004, 06:50 PM by matt t..)
Re:Pressed Steel

If that's all that it would take to make West Allis look "pretty" I'd have voted to tear that place down years ago! Unfortunately, PST is probably the least of their troubles.....
06-28-2004, 06:50 PM,
The E8-130 is a great tank and I enjoy diving with them. Just a great compromise of air volume and weight. Well worth the investment.

It is unfortunate that PST was forced to move. Hard to believe that West Allis would give up good manufacturing jobs. I hope that some other community benefits from this move.

Doug
06-28-2004, 08:53 PM,
WiDiver - you are right - they balance out perfect. The SS backplate w/ those tanks lets me lose my weight belt - it's nice having to drag one less thing out to the dive site.

And those tanks let me do my 80 minute long dives with Doug the dive fiend Smile
07-12-2004, 11:15 PM,
I picked up my new pst e8-130 tank today. Sure looks purdy. Now I better order another one so that I can get it before next Spring. Smile
--Jason
07-13-2004, 06:08 AM,
Cool Smile
07-13-2004, 07:35 AM,

I find it unbelieveable that with WI losing 100,000 payroll jobs over the last 3 years that the city would deliberately chase away real jobs for almost non-paying 'Mc jobs'. When I read the story originally I was stunned. Now, just angry. West Allis is mostly butt-ugly anyway. You think the city would help them relocate or rebuild to help keep jobs there. Not chase them out for another Starbucks. Screw it, and people wonder why I say government in general sucks! >Sad
07-13-2004, 09:12 AM,

I find it unbelieveable that with WI losing 100,000 payroll jobs over the last 3 years that the city would deliberately chase away real jobs for almost non-paying 'Mc jobs'. When I read the story originally I was stunned. Now, just angry. West Allis is mostly butt-ugly anyway. You think the city would help them relocate or rebuild to help keep jobs there. Not chase them out for another Starbucks. Screw it, and people wonder why I say government in general sucks! >Sad
[/quote]

They are moving to the northwest side of Milwaukee.

I do agree that government in general sucks.
07-13-2004, 09:18 AM,
I'm glad they are still in the area, but you would imagine that W.A. would want to keep them in it's town to help boost the tax base, instead of trading one for another - have both. Wink
09-13-2005, 11:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-13-2005, 01:54 PM by LKunze.)
Re: PST E8-130s are shipping

More trouble for Pressed Steel.  Hopefully they do not go under.  If they do close I've heard that owners of the E-Series tanks will not be able to get their tanks hydro'd because the manufacturer DOT expemption must be renewed annually and it is due to expire in 4 months.  Not sure if that is true or not. The new HP Worthington tanks are looking better everyday.  Same hot dipped galvanized exterior finish and a better interior finish.  My PST E8-119 had to be tumbled after one dive season. :Smile