Remember me
Lost Password Register

PST E8-130s are shipping
06-16-2004, 10:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-16-2004, 10:57 AM by Chris H.)
PST E8-130s are shipping
There has been a lot of discussion about this on a few of the other boards I visit. The current batch of E8-130s are shipping. Divepoint Scuba in Stevens Point will have them in stock tomorrow afternoon.
06-16-2004, 10:27 PM,
Re:PST E7-120s
Meanwhile, the E7-120s were out of stock for months, now recently shipped again, and again out of stock... heard this from PST yesterday:

"We also have sold out of all of our E7-120's currently going through production and will not have any more available till 2005."

What is up with these people? Why aren't they making more?
06-16-2004, 10:51 PM,
Re:PST E8-130s are shipping
Chris thanks for the heads up. I just sent them an email. I ordered a pst130 back in April but was told I would have to wait until Sept.
--Jason
06-17-2004, 10:37 AM,
whats the price range on these?
06-17-2004, 11:51 AM,
Weston,

I don't know Divepoint's prices for sure, but give them a call - they have been much better on their prices than most other shops.

Jason - Divepoint is doug and my LDS - we could probably get them out to you at Wazee sometime....
06-18-2004, 04:01 PM,
John,
Clearly you have not had the displeasure of dealing with Pressed Steel. It would take one trip to their facility for you to figure out what kind of a Horse CACA operation we are dealing with. These people do not know what customer service is, nor do they understand the very basic concept of service in general. The place is an absolue hole in the wall. If you were to go there, you would immediately find evidence of their find cusomer service standards when you find that you have to pick up a telephone in a hallway to get someone to look at you on their security camera. Of course they will tell you at that time that they cannot help you....if you are so lucky to get someone to actually come to see you, you will no doubt get this very rude lady that will abruptly tell you that there is nothing she can do......I think that the diving industry is such a small part of their total operation. Thus..they just dont give a shit....not about the stores they sell to and especially about us end consumers.
I still have three of their tanks...I will not buy another.

Can you tell I cannot stand them >Sad
06-18-2004, 04:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2004, 12:27 PM by Chris H.)

Wow Dean, tell us how you really feel. I had some rust on the outside of my E8-130 and they promptly gave me a new tank. I thought that was pretty good. I don't think that they typically deal with individuals, and I would deal with them through a LDS. I wouldn't expect to get very good service if I was knocking on the door of corporate headquarters at Aqualung or Scubapro either. Just my take on it. Sorry you had a bad experience.
06-28-2004, 07:53 AM,
Pressed Steel
Dean, most suppliers do not want to deal with individual customers, as it really pisses off their LDS customers. All customer service should be handled through your LDS if possible.

I know that one of the delivery issues with Pressed Steel is that they are being forced to move their entire operation, so production runs are being interupted. Most lines are shipping for orders already placed, but any new orders are being quoted November delivery dates or later. At Deep Blue, we do have several E100's and E119's in stock, we are also carrying the Faber line of steel scuba tanks to cover people's requirements while Pressed Steel is moving their operation. Here is a link to the specs for the Faber tanks.

Now, up onto my soap box!!! I guess the Pressed Steel operation was too ugly for West Allis standards, they want to tear down the plant and put up some pretty retail stores and condos. Pressed Steel fought them for a long time, but finally lost, so they will be moving to one of the northern suburbs from my understanding. If I EVER hear West Allis bemoan the loss of manufacturing jobs for retail jobs that "just don't pay a living wage" I just might lose it!!!!!!

Now, off of my soap box, and back to your regular programming.

06-28-2004, 07:58 AM,
Yeah, I heard about all of that stuff with PST and the city...that was a really bad break for them Sad

I've been very happy with my 130's from them. They aren't too huge of a tank, yet I've got tons of air. I love 'em.
06-28-2004, 03:57 PM,
Hey Gert,
Actually, as i am all about utilizing LDC's as opposed to the internet and attempting to go direct, My first attempt at getting my problem solved was through my LDC. After I was told by them that due to PST not wishing to assist in my matter that I could not be helped, I elected to take it upon myself to try to resolve my problem at the source. I went to PST with nothing other than a smile on my face ( as i learned a long time ago...BEEZ WITH HONEY ) but after the treatment that i got there.....Well, it just seals it for me...