Remember me
Lost Password Register

Pearl Lake?
05-24-2004, 09:15 AM,
Re:Pearl Lake?
It's a great lake for spearfishing and I spent about 8 hours in there one day last fall freediving. The whole lake isn't that deep so I would just freedive it and not be worried about airfills. By freediving, instead of scuba diving, you'll alos be able to cover a LOT more ground and see more than you would otherwise.

BTW: What ever happened to the bar across from Red Granite that had an air compressor in the back of it? I know that it's been a while since I got an air fillthere, but it was always the closeest place- right acorss the street.

Jon
05-24-2004, 09:58 AM,
Re:Pearl Lake?
Good question Jon. I have heard that at one time there was a place to get air fills in Red Granite. I don't know where though so I never really asked or checked around. Compressor might still be there but no one to run it? Next time I'm up there I might have to do some asking around. Who knows, might find a good deal on a compressor. Smile
04-16-2005, 07:33 PM,
Re: Pearl Lake?
Dove Pearl Lake for the first time ever today.  Checked in at the Resort and spent some time talking with the elderly couple that owns the place.  The woman is in the right business.  Likes to talk...me too.

Saw a bunch of nice crayfish swimming around.  Max depth we dove was 28 feet and the water temp was 45 degrees according to my computer.  Lots of other assorted trash laying around.

Another notch off my Wisconsin scuba divable lakes belt.

Andy Smile