Remember me
Lost Password Register

Pearl Lake?
04-24-2004, 08:00 AM,
Pearl Lake?
Has anyone been to Pearl Lake (the one near Redgranite) yet this spring? Does the resort have the dock in yet? Viz?
04-24-2004, 03:56 PM,
Re:Pearl Lake?
Haven't been there yet - just dove red granite today and it was very good.

Looking forward to Pearl Lake later in the summer when other things start clouding up.
04-24-2004, 05:16 PM,
Thanks Omicron,

Haven't decided if we're diving Pearl or Redgranite tomorrow. I'll post if we do Pearl.
04-25-2004, 04:44 PM,
We arrived at the Pearl Lake Resort at noon today and it was closed tighter than a drum so we had a barbecue under the shelter at the park in downtown Redgranite (it was raining) and then had a nice little dive at the quarry. Have you all seen the tree clearing they've done there exposing the old stone crushing stuff? Pretty cool. I never knew those buildings were there.
04-25-2004, 04:52 PM,
I've never dove off of the resort up there. We've always gone in by the public boat launch- for our dive kayaks. The area was nice enough right off the launch to go diving if you wanted. You have to park up the hill but not too much of a problem if you dirve down to drop off your gear first and send someone up to park the car.

Jon
04-25-2004, 05:00 PM,
Chris, Bob and I were at Red Granite diving today (9a-11a). I didn't think to stop and check out Pearl Lake. Thanks for the update Mike. Pretty decent dive at Red Granite though. We pretty much made a whole loop around the quarry. Same stuff, nothing new underwater. I guess that they are putting in some houses on the NE side of the quarry. I guess that is why they are starting to clear some trees. I hope they don't raze those structures. Sad

04-25-2004, 05:48 PM,
We talked to the guy doing the work yesterday - he said he wants to put a roof on it, windows in the openings along the side and put a waterwheel on the side of it. I guess his intention is to keep it out there and make it up really nice...should be interesting!
05-24-2004, 05:18 AM,
how close is pearl lake to red granite? is there anywere to get air fills that is close to pearl or red granite?
05-24-2004, 05:42 AM,
I'd guess that Pearl is about 3 miles from Redgranite and I don't know of air fills anywhere close. I'd guess that Oshkosh would be the closest at about an hour.
05-24-2004, 07:18 AM,
Yeah, air fills are not the close. But Pearl lake is very close to the quarry - here's a link w/ directions: