Remember me
Lost Password Register

Listing of WI dive sites
02-03-2011, 11:10 PM,
Re: Listing of WI dive sites

Hit Sherwood Forest. Technical divers typically roll off the ledge at Sites #1 & 2. The boat launch is catered more towards entry level because there isn't quick access to deep water, so the divers can't "get away" during a class. Sherwood Forest is similar because there is a "bowl" that divers knowingly swim out of that leads to deeper water. The bowl has training platforms, culverts, a cabin cruiser boat and fish cribs in it, with a max depth of 40 ft or so. To get out, you must ascend to approx. 15 ft and swim over a birm. On the other side of the birm, it begins dropping off quite rapidly to a ledge at 60 ft or there-abouts, so you ought to know if you're on the outside of the bowl.

Just a suggestion. I'll be up there the third weekend of every month, May-Nov if you ever get around Black River Falls.

Matt
I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.
02-04-2011, 08:16 AM,
Is there a way to attach a document or spreadsheet to the forum?  If so, I can whip something up for dive sites, and post it.  If people email me, I can keep it updated.
As for a dive buddy list, maybe a Google Calendar thing that people could post when they're going, or when they're available.  I'm not sure how to attach that to the forum, though. 

02-04-2011, 08:58 AM,
Your probably best off contacting the site's owners and getting their advice/approval.
02-04-2011, 11:51 AM,
Ummmm....Lake Michigan???
02-04-2011, 09:54 PM,

Touche, Gary.....

Matt
I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.
02-05-2011, 08:41 PM,

I know what you mean.  The techie crowd call me "stroke" and kick dirt on my gear.  But I proudly gear up and dive anyway.

Doug
02-05-2011, 09:09 PM,

I know what you mean.  The techie crowd call me "stroke" and kick dirt on my gear.  But I proudly gear up and dive anyway.

Doug
[/quote]
And then proceed to do two 100+minute dives.  I don't know anyone else who dives like Doug! 
02-06-2011, 08:54 AM,

Doug
[/quote]
And then proceed to do two 100+minute dives.   I don't know anyone else who dives like Doug!   

[/quote]

Yeah, I've seen him in action. I know what you mean  ;D