Remember me
Lost Password Register

Site use.
02-03-2011, 03:25 PM,
Re: Site use.
Unfortunately, without the government being involved, somebody WOULD remove them in an irresponsible manner.  Someone would figure that the easiest/cheapest way to get them out would be to attach a cable to them, then drag them out along the bottom, destroying everything in the path. 

Regulations generally aren't put into place until after somebody screws up. 
02-03-2011, 08:09 PM,
These guys have done well recovering logs:

I like this reference:

"The process is different in each location. In Wisconsin, for example, there are six permitting agencies: Board of Commissioners of Public Lands; Army Corp of Engineers; Historical Society, Wisconsin Dept. of Natural Resources; Coastal Management; and U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service. "

You get past this crowd, you are doing a good job.

I think that we should have underwater logging.  We have figured out how to do it.  We have regulations.  There even is a third party certification organization backed by FSC.

Doug

02-04-2011, 03:27 PM,
I sense a PADI certification on the horizon... Wink
02-04-2011, 08:49 PM,

It could happen!
02-04-2011, 08:57 PM,
I'm a naui instructor-trainer and I  can think of better ways to spend my time and (your money) than that. How about underwater basket weaving or anchor collecting.
02-04-2011, 09:51 PM,

A new merit badge that I can sew onto my drysuit. Terrific!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt
I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.
02-05-2011, 12:16 AM,

Let me get my crosscut saw and I'll see if I can set up a distinctive specialty for you.... Big Grin Wink