Remember me
Lost Password Register

Site use.
02-02-2011, 05:00 PM,
Site use.
This site has so little use, I wonder why? There has to be many divers here in wisc. What do we have to do to generate more activity here. We have a whole lot of place to dive, not just lake wayzee and there must be shops to help generate interst
02-02-2011, 06:44 PM,
Re: Site use.
It turns out that divers in Wisconsin just don't play well together.  The board used to get a lot more traffic, but after a few discussions, some rather heated, it has slowed down to a mere trickle for traffic.
02-02-2011, 09:00 PM,
You mean to tell me that everyone has different opinions about best equipment/ configuration/ site?

I, for one, don't believe it for a second.

Matt
I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.
02-02-2011, 09:38 PM,
The conversations here ebb and flow.  You want to get activity, just post a question that asks an opinion.  I will probably give you two answers myself.

Doug
02-02-2011, 11:18 PM,
Well I'm back from dive training tonight and the guys had a good time using a new flashlite that clips on the side of their AGA masks. Its  pain when your trying to rig a car or a body and hold a flashlite too.
I pick up one in Fla. last week and we tried it in the pool tonight. We will go ice diving in two weeks and try it in the lake and see how it works
Well I hope that the traffic picks up a little on this site. you guys have a good night.
02-03-2011, 10:01 AM,
That's the least of it. Some have quit or don't post due do to perceived slights against them or friends. Others have quit and come back under other names to stir up trouble "anonymously". Mnscuba.com has a little more traffic, but that seems to be less about diving. I'm up for some dive talk. What do you want to talk about?
02-03-2011, 11:10 AM,
I'll bite, what is everyones position, including the states position on undewater logging?
02-03-2011, 11:22 AM,
Could we have a little background? I've heard a little hear and there over the years about somebody way up north re-floating 100 + yr old logs and selling them for big $$$.
02-03-2011, 11:59 AM,
Thats exactly it, I've done some searching (google) and turns out there are a handful of logging companies that do this in the northwoods of WI and the U.P.  These companies have run into vast amounts of red tape from dept. such as the DNR.

Ive stopped in two local dnr offices (St. Bay and GB both times they were closed) to get some info, permits, regulations, any info.  Some private people wanted to do this but with the red tape involved, it wasn't cost effective.

I have a buddy that logs for a living and another buddy that owns a construction business and both of them have outlets for these old growth logs.

I'm sure everyone on this board has come across some big timber while diving, I know I have!  from what I understand, you can't be dragging these logs across the bottom, shorelines ect.  I'm sure there are regulations for logs around state parks and shipwrecks of course. 

Just wondering if anyone had opinions or info on the subject?
02-03-2011, 01:41 PM,
I see no problem with these people taking these logs and making $$$ with them, as long as they are doing it responsibly. They aren't doing anyone any good laying on the bottom. As with anything, the govt. thinks they need to be involved.