Remember me
Lost Password Register

New Redgranite Wisconsin Diving facility
12-05-2010, 10:01 AM,
Re: New Redgranite Wisconsin Diving facility
Is the water for the waterfall coming from the quarry and returning back to the quarry?  If the 15' ponds are seperate from the quarry, make them the swimming area and the quarry for diving.  I've always wanted to go to Red Granite but haven't made the treck yet, mainly because of the low viz.  I do applaud your efforts and hope it works out.
Life's Short, Dive Hard
12-06-2010, 07:02 AM,
We have just received over 4500 yards of sand and the filter is the whole Idea and we are researching resources
"people" that do just that.
it may be a lot of work this first time but once it has been done it will be easier to maintain.
please be optimistic anything is possible.
for some people it is easy to critike or complain but when one does so,
try to offer a positive solution to the issue.
Understand we are the ones trying to clear the water up,
that is more than anyone else is going to try to do. and we welcome any help.
The quarry could not stay the way it was it was not safe for all the local swimmers and cliff jumpers.
and there are many more swimmers and jumpers than there are divers.
There was drugs, alcohol, and debris there and continuous injuries.
just ask the  local law enforcement how much it helped.
Now it is time to try to clear the water up.
we have a lot of time and effort into this WE WANT THIS TO BE SUCCESSFUL FOR EVERYBODY
Best wishes to all
Happy Holidays
Neill Urban
Pat Lasage

12-10-2010, 02:43 PM,
I don't know if there is anyone else who dove this quarry back in the mid 60's. It was then crystal clear, viz was endless! I doubt that no matter what is done to clean it up would be able to get that back. It sure is a nice dream though. Good luck on your endeavor, it was a gem back then.
12-12-2010, 02:13 AM,

I too remember at least 50+ in 88.  It was amazing to be able to see across the bay by the pickle factory where it drops.  Back then, the classes stirring things up still had better viz than now.  And the fish were friendlier!  They'd mug the crap out of you for string cheese.
DEW >&ltWink)>
12-16-2010, 09:30 AM,
thanks for trying to improve the quarry niell i love diveing here and i am looking forward to seeing things change here i read all the posts here and can see there is a few people that are against improvements they need to eather quit complaining or get on board and try and clean this place up every time i dive there i bring up a bag of garbage im sure the complainers just swim by the stuff and leave it there  :'( i know we cant stop the litter bugs from throwing there trash in there but we can ALL HELP CLEAN IT UP!!!! GOOD LUCK AND THANK YOU FOR TRYING TO HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
WELCOME TO THE DIVE WORLD
12-16-2010, 10:03 AM,
Well......what can I say to that? Nice 1st post mikezempel  :Smile. We must have forgotten to take pictures of all of the clean up dives we've participated in there.
12-16-2010, 11:47 AM,
Hell If I remember right there was a trash bin on the pickle factory side years ago!  Would have to check my logs for the depth!  :Smile
If the vis ever got better then maybe we could find teh mystical shaft to hell that is sposed to be in there!  an we already took the crane out!
12-16-2010, 04:12 PM,
How many lift bags would it take to get the trash bin out?
I love to go down with other divers!
12-16-2010, 06:35 PM,
I think it has already been taken out.  I saw it a few years ago with lots of rocks in it.  Lately, I haven't seen it.
??????
12-16-2010, 07:31 PM,
The trash bin was removed from the lake several years ago.

I have been on clean-up dives for the last 4-5 years and we have taken out between 500-800 lbs of trash each year.  And that does not include the trash bin and the motorcycle.

The best thing this year was a picnic table.

But the trash just reproduces.

Doug