Remember me
Lost Password Register

New equipment for Spring
03-29-2004, 06:33 AM,
Re:New equipment for Spring
Ouch, that hurts. You could always try Keith @ Wazee Sports, or Bob @ Divepoint Scuba in Point...they always seem to have a stock of those tanks in!
03-29-2004, 08:20 AM,

I picked up cylinders for Divepoint on Wednesday and there were no E8s. They are indeed on backorder.
03-29-2004, 12:18 PM,
Bummer....definitely out of luck then Sad

I waited about four or five months for one of my E8's as well when I ordered it...
03-29-2004, 08:40 PM,
Steel is currently very tight and the prices for all steel products are moving up. This has made plate harder to get. The main reason is a major draw of steel and scrap steel to China.

There has been a shortage building for the last 3-4 months. It is expected to reach into other recycled items, such as paper.

The tanks will eventually be built.

Doug
03-30-2004, 07:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-30-2004, 07:40 AM by LKunze.)
Here's my new stuff. Probably all I'll be getting for the year.
**DUI Ultra 400 Thinsulate undies
**Accessories on my TLS350 drysuit (pockets sewn on, P-valve installed, kevlar knee pads installed.)
03-30-2004, 08:44 AM,
Got my first drysuit over the winter (Bare Nex-Gen) but just got (and haven't yet used) my OS dry glove system. Hopefully this Sunday in Devil's Lake
03-30-2004, 11:00 AM,
I tried out my new Elios wetsuit last weekend and was highly impressed. ;D

I've know that freediving wetsuits were much warmer than scuba wetsuits for some time now, but this suit is a step above. 2+ hours in 40 degree water and not even a shiver! I would have stayed in longer,but got bored after a while.

I can hardly wait to try out the 3mm this summer.

Jon
03-30-2004, 11:15 AM,
Is there any reason you couldn't wear a freediving suit scuba diving??
03-30-2004, 11:58 AM,
It all depends upon the suit.

I have worn my other freediving suits for scuba diving, and they worked out very well. This new suit of mine is a bit more fragile since it has a smooth-skin outer layer- for more flex, easier breathing, quicker drying, and more glide in the water. I would want to be careful not to cause extra wear and tear to it by using tank straps with it.

A standard freediving suit, with lycra or nylon on the outside, would make a great scuba suit. They are a little bit more difficult to put on, but the warmth factor is much greater.

My new suit is also bare opencell rubber on the inside. This is much stickier, hence the hairconditioner/water solution to put it on, but VERY warm. I have had other suits with gold, or silver, lining in them to make them eaiser to put on, but, as anyone who has used them for a while can tell you, the lining wear off in time and you need to lube them up anyhow. This time I decided to skip the whole wearing out process and just go for the warmth factor right away.

I know that Fred scuba dives in his Freediving wetsuits as well. US wetsuit makers have finally caught up with the linings, like 'gold core', so maybe they will catch onto the other elements of a good freedivng suit as well.

BTW: you can now get a wide varitey of linings for the inside of your suits including: opencell, gold, copper, silver, blue, plush, nylon, lycra, and something new called "black widow" which is supposed to be easier to put on and almost as warm as opencell.

Here's a shot of the 6mm suit.

Jon

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   6mm_suit_email.jpg_thumb (Size: 22.81 KB / Downloads: 0)
03-30-2004, 12:06 PM,
Cool - thanks for the reply. I think I might haved you about it before..but thanks for replying again.

I know what you mean about those linings - I've got an STek that's got a silver lining, and without hair conditioner it's a pain to get on.