Remember me
Lost Password Register

New equipment for Spring
03-22-2004, 04:43 PM,
New equipment for Spring
What new equipment has everyone purchased for this Spring?

Let's see, for me:

Zeagle mask
PST e130 tank
Carter smb

--Jason
03-22-2004, 05:11 PM,
Re:New equipment for Spring
;D

well, i hadnt bought anything new since my first set of gear 2.5 years ago. this year has been good so far to me. so....

1. a bp&w (used) that replaces my jacket bc. i've got 7 dives on it so far and love it! i have to admitt thou, i did feel a little naked the first dive with it.

2. a dui tls 350. i actually got this before the 1st of the year but it is still new too me even thou it is used. i am just now starting to get comfy with it.

those were to pretty big purcheses for me so i probly will not get anything else this year.
03-22-2004, 06:12 PM,
Hmm, let see here...

Bought:
Aluminum Backplate (SS BP on the double 119's is too heavy)
Abyss O2 analyzer (couldn't pass up "The Deco Stop" discount)
Abyss 3" Jump reel (another "The Deco Stop" discount)
Another backup mask

Buying:
2-Steel 80's (for second set of doubles)
Better fitting drysuit insulation

That should probably be it for awhile. I don't know how much more my wallet can handle. Wink

Todd
03-22-2004, 06:45 PM,
I haven't bought anything Wink

At least not that I want to think about right now. Man I bought a lot of stuff...most of it last summer and fall. The Oxyspy O2 analyzer is my newest toy this spring. It just showed up today.
03-22-2004, 08:19 PM,
Havent spent a ton, but decided to pick up a Dive Rite Slimline light with the MR11 head, and a new sling bottle and stage strap. We'll see if they hit the water this year. Due to chartering, I have had a problem getting in the water much. My goal is to get in the water more often......

Dean
03-22-2004, 08:42 PM,
I bought a set of Turtles and spring straps, and a Goodman handle for my light head. Hope to get some new drysuit underwear.

Matt
03-23-2004, 09:31 AM,
Haven't really picked up anything especially for spring....

I did just recently get a pair of the massive new XXL JetFins and put spring straps on them. I also finally got a bp/wings setup as well from DiveRite.

No real specific reason to get gear, I just never stop buying it, or so it seems :-\

Now I just gotta get my doubles and canister light...yeeouch. And fork out the cash for the rest of my cave classes at the end of this year...double yeeouch.
03-23-2004, 01:13 PM,
The mailman just delivered teo brand new, custom, freediving wetsuits from Italy. ;D

One 3mm, for summer, and a 6mm for this weekend. I can harldy wait to try them out.

Jon
03-28-2004, 08:28 PM,
Got a Sea&Sea 90 strobe and a few attachments for the light and strobe arms on my camera.

Getting the hang of using the strobe with the camera, should have some good pictures to show from Cozumel using this strobe.

Takes a while to develop the new techniques with the strobe.

Doug
03-29-2004, 12:49 AM,
I found out my PST tank isn't shipping until June! I was told it had something to do with the Chinese buying up all the available steel right now. That and the fact these tanks are very popular. <sigh>

--Jason