Remember me
Lost Password Register

Anybody buy something new lately to share reviews?
07-03-2009, 01:35 PM,
Re: Anybody buy something new lately to share reviews?
Guess I forgot about my new compresor and booster  ;D. I can't say that it's a big money saver up front, but like Todd said, it sure beats running to a diveshop every few days. It's nice to be able to fill what you want whenever you need it.
[/quote]
Matt have you got the RIX?
07-03-2009, 03:41 PM,
Yeah, I mostly rebuilt an older SA-6, put an electric motor on it (came set up with a Honda gas motor), and added a larger combination moisture coalessor/filter stack. It's pumping right around 5 cfm.
07-03-2009, 05:00 PM,
Is that oil free?
07-03-2009, 08:02 PM,
There is no oil. Other parts (piston rings, 3rd stage piston and cylinder bore, and piston rod ends) tend to wear more quickly on a RIX compared to an oil lubed compressor, but you never have to worry about bad air like you might with an oil lubed compressor with bad rings or bad filtration.
07-06-2009, 02:10 PM,
Quote:Yeah, I mostly rebuilt an older SA-6, put an electric motor on it (came set up with a Honda gas motor), and added a larger combination moisture coalessor/filter stack. It's pumping right around 5 cfm.

What size motor did you go with?  A friend of mine got a used RIX (not sure which one)and is in need of a motor.
Life's Short, Dive Hard
07-06-2009, 02:16 PM,
Also on the LED front,  A while back, I bought a couple 10W LED's that run on 12V to play with for video underwater, that project's been on hold for a while now due to buying and remodeling a house.  But now there are some new 10W LED's that only need three AA's that put out 900lm verses 600-700lm for the 12V led's.  I feel robbed!
Life's Short, Dive Hard
07-06-2009, 02:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2009, 02:48 PM by matt t..)
I went with a single phase 5 h.p. (what they came with new). If he's interested, have him p.m. or E-mail me and I can send him some info about where to look and what to look for. I had a great experience with the place/guy I bought mine from and it's here in Wisconsin.
07-11-2009, 05:42 AM,
I have been making the transition to tech over the winter and most of the spring and summer here, there is alot to it! LOL!!! I have set up my first set of doubles, steel 98s, and a new wing for my backplate, OMS 45 lift, two stage bottles, 40Cu Ft, and lift bags and reels. The only part of the purchase that I an not happy with is my lift bag, it is an OMS 125# and after I bought it, it is just too damn big! I will prob get a smaller one in the time to come! I look forward to some of the classes in the next year so I can utilize some of this equipment I have acquired, like maybe a trip to the Vernon...........
07-11-2009, 06:26 PM,
It's hard buying stuff with no experience or guidance. Next time ask around for a little help. It's expensive enough buying the item 1 time, not to mention buying it 2-3 times to get the right gear.
07-12-2009, 09:46 AM,
Just an update on the Intova LED I bought. Used it yesterday on the Floretta. Light is very bright with a nice focused beam. Only problem I had is when I turned it on it wouldn't fire. I rapped it on my other hand and then it fired up and had no more trouble. We'll have to see what happens on my next few dives. By the way, had a great dive on the Floretta.