Remember me
Lost Password Register

Anybody buy something new lately to share reviews?
07-01-2009, 08:26 AM,
Anybody buy something new lately to share reviews?
Here's a topic to maybe help spark some discussion on this site.  Anyone buy something new to improve their dive experience?  what sold you on the product and did it meet your expectations?

I just bought a new ScubaPro Orbit mask with black skirt.  What sold me on it was how well you can see up(which is forward underwater).  Earlier this year I bought a ScubaPro Spectra mask with a black skirt and liked it.  The reason I like the black skirts is you don't get light entering the sides and get reflections on the glass.  For some people it might feel clostrophobic.  With the Orbit, you hardly see the frame of the mask.  I plan on diving the orbit mask after work today to test it out.
Life's Short, Dive Hard
07-01-2009, 02:35 PM,
Re: Anybody buy something new lately to share reviews?
Nice try to get something going on here! The only recent purchase I made that is worth commenting on is that I bought a "Miflex" hose for a deco bottle reg. I have to say that I like the flexibility and light weight when in use. I liked it so much I ordered 2 more! I may look at swapping out other hoses to Miflex hoses as the need arises.
07-01-2009, 08:48 PM,
The early part of June I ordered a CLX 450. I am impatiently waiting for it's arrival so I can't say much about it. It was very beneficial going to the demo days at Pearl Lake. I decided to go with the custom sizing after trying the stock sizes. I would also like to thank the guys from Shipwreck Adventures for helping me with making my decision. Very helpful having someone there that knew a lot and were able to answer my questions.

I also picked up a 40 cu. ft. pony bottle from Leisure Pro. I wasn't able to find a used one and as much as I would like to support the local dive shops I couldn't pass up the price difference.

That's it..... for now.
07-02-2009, 11:08 AM,
Last week I bought an Intova 4.7 watt LED light with the narrow beam. Was intended to be a back-up light. I used it on the Home last weekend and was very impressed. I may use it instead of my 10 watt HID, it's a lot easier to haul around.
07-02-2009, 05:55 PM,
I'm getting a Trimix analyzer.  I live too damn far from my buddies who have them.  I got to buy a new lift bag and spool to replace the one I left someplace, and I keep buying pails of sorb.

If anyone needs an Oxygen analyzer I'll sell you one...
07-02-2009, 07:27 PM,
OK, I'll bite. I picked up a second Worthington steel 120 this spring. I doubled it up with one I had already. Now I can have one set with air and one set with trimix. It's nice to have both so that I usually have the right gas for whatever diving comes along!
Then a few weeks ago I got a deal on two steel 100s that I am keeping as singles. My garage is starting to look like a dive shop......  ;D
Dennis
07-02-2009, 09:45 PM,
I have the intovias too.  very nice lights!  Still love my 21watt Salvo best! ;D
Jeff
07-02-2009, 10:42 PM,
Purchased a Dive Rite Nitek Duo computer.  Super sweet and easy to use, but this is my first computer.  Bought it in anticipation of going deep one day, still have to keep an eye on your pressure gauge, but has really increased the bottom time!!!
07-03-2009, 05:52 AM,
Last fall I picked up a booster and compressor so no need to leave home for any fills.  It really is nice to head to the garage instead of the dive shop for fills.  Nothing against any LDS's out there but what a time saver.
07-03-2009, 01:13 PM,
Guess I forgot about my new compresor and booster  ;D. I can't say that it's a big money saver up front, but like Todd said, it sure beats running to a diveshop every few days. It's nice to be able to fill what you want whenever you need it.