Remember me
Lost Password Register

is this a death wish?
12-08-2008, 08:00 AM,
Re: is this a death wish?
On my newest regs, the factory setting is where I left it. The IP I dive is within Scubapro's recommended range.  I'll check tonight and let you know for sure.

This is very useful information.  I will check tomorrow to see what I'm set at. Thanks.
[/quote]
12-08-2008, 10:40 AM,
I run with an original Mk10/G-250 w grease cap (1987).  IP is supposed to be something like 130-140 psi.  Last time I checked, mine was around 120.
DEW >&ltWink)>
12-08-2008, 11:51 AM,
....all mi dives are using a redundancy system....I use the 600 as primary & the 250 rigged with my pony.....as everyone has said - maintain them (or whatever your choice is) and you should be fine.....safe diving  Smile
12-08-2008, 12:50 PM,
What is a grease cap?
12-08-2008, 01:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-09-2008, 12:02 PM by settinggirl.)

Ok, so I talked to a friend about how to check my IP and it sounds like I might need to have someone in a shop look at it with a gauge??  Chris, sounds like you are able to check it at home. Are you just checking your manual for the factory setting, you have a gauge, or is there some secret way I don't know about.  Smile  Thanks, it's my first time. Wink 
12-08-2008, 01:25 PM,
I made a simple, inexpensive gauge.  Yes you need a gauge.  Mine is simply a cheap pressure gauge from McMaster-Carr that plugs into an inflator hose.

The answer to your question is yes, I'm checking it with a gauge, and yes I'm looking in the manual for settings.  Any shop should be able to tell you your IP for no charge.  It is seriously a two minute start to finish operation.

There may be a secret way, but I don't know about it either ;D
12-08-2008, 01:29 PM,

Wow, impressive.  Just looking at those pics makes me cold.  And you had no problems with your gear at all!?  How long were you underwater for that dive?  That's a pretty thick coat of ice!
12-08-2008, 06:29 PM,
The first dive was 25 minutes, 45 minutes surface interval and the second dive was 27 minutes.  This picture was taken after the second dive.  Last weekend we did 60 minutes but it was a balmy 33 degrees versus an anchor ice encrusted 32 degrees.  No problem with the gear at all.  Ripping current though.

Doug

Wow, impressive.  Just looking at those pics makes me cold.  And you had no problems with your gear at all!?  How long were you underwater for that dive?  That's a pretty thick coat of ice!
[/quote]
12-08-2008, 09:25 PM,
I just checked the IP on my primary regulator and it is 130psi.  This isn't traceable to NIST or anything, but it it a good estimate.  Here is a picture of my gauge.  I had a scuba nipple and converted it to a regular air tool QD because I was using scuba tanks to run air tools.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

12-08-2008, 09:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-09-2008, 12:03 PM by settinggirl.)

that's pretty cool... if only I had more of a man's mentality I'd have probably made one already myself!  guess I'll have to go the old fashioned route and take it in.  Sad