Remember me
Lost Password Register

Canister lights?
10-10-2008, 05:01 PM,
Re: Canister lights?

Ha! You're right, I forgot to mention the sump diving and rope work.  Guess that I am pretty hard on my equipment...but it still stands up!  Anyone out there still want to buy my used stuff?  :Smile
10-15-2008, 05:27 PM,
Check out the last post in the 10W LED thread on some of my latest thoughts on LED lighting.  I've been doing some digging on high power LED's.  The type that I'm currently using is great for flood/video applications.  There are also now 15W and 20W versions, but the output is less than double.  Sartek has an LED head that has a 10W LED bulb that runs on 3 cells(3.6-4.5V).  I did some digging and I believe they are using the new Ostar LED.  It's supposed to put out 1000lm which would really be intense.  This bulb would work in a flood  or with a lens for spot situation.  It's similar design to the 3w Luxeon LED's which is a little more fragile than the one I'm using.  Also the lens used with it is still small and may not penetrate well in murky water.  So far I can't find a website to easily purchase one.
Life's Short, Dive Hard
10-18-2008, 11:42 AM,
Karl at Sartek is the best!!!!
The best customer service i have ever had in the dive industrie.
I now own an 10watt and 21watt hid from Sartek. I keep the 10 watt on the boat so when my buddies diver rite does not fire he can still dive.

Here is a list of the different lights Sartek offers.
10-28-2008, 07:04 AM,
Over the last few days there have been a few 10 watt HID's going up for sale on TDS.
10-28-2008, 07:24 AM,
Working on a Sartech an a Halcyon right now Wink
10-28-2008, 06:36 PM,
Just back from DEMA where I caught up with Carl from Sartek. 

I am officially selling all of my HID lights!  Can't wait to get into the LED world.

10-29-2008, 06:26 AM,
So Tami, are you going to have some nice shiney new Sartek LED lights to tempt me with in Florida come December? It would be great to do some side by side testing with HID in the caves.
Dennis
10-29-2008, 09:06 AM,
Well, we look forward to hear your "glowing" report  ;D.
10-29-2008, 07:16 PM,

HA!  Will be difficult to compare, because the lights I picked out are going to outshine your puny HID!  Looking forward to warm water! Wink