Remember me
Lost Password Register

Madeira
08-30-2004, 07:01 AM,
Re:Madeira
Some neat looking stuff - not too bad for a shore dive.
08-30-2004, 06:59 PM,

This was a spur of the moment trip. It was a good time. Did get to do some of the swim throughs and got into parts of the wreck. I would say that I need at least two more dives just to get the lay of the land. Would like to do this wreck with better visibility.

Several guys talked about the Hesper. Sounds like a good wreck to explore.

Look forward to doing these wrecks again.

Doug
09-04-2004, 12:22 PM,
Where exactly is Madeira? It sounds fun, i'd like to go if anyone would be interested.
09-04-2004, 01:43 PM,
Stop at Split Rock State Park on the North Shore of Minnisota on Highway 61 and They will give you information, the combination to the parking lot lock and Charge you $7 per day. Can not miss it when you are in the parking lot, have a few signs with good details.

Doug
09-04-2004, 04:00 PM,
Paul, we have a group camping up there Sept 10-12. You are welcome to join us. We are driving up from the Twin Citites.
--Jason
09-04-2004, 04:50 PM,
Oh man, that weekend i'm going to be up in Door County diving with the State!

Thanks for the invite, we'll have to get together soon!
Let me know also the next time you're going to dive the Wilson,
or also if you're going to wazee, call me (920-723-3031), my family has a house nearby where we could hang out overnight, if you're not camping (showers are nice?). My wife likes to have an excuse to go up.

Paul
09-12-2004, 09:51 PM,
I dove the Madeira three times this weekend. The visibility was down a bit due to the weather.

I made my first night dive on the Hesper. In fact it was my first night dive ever in Superior. I think the wreck was more exciting at night than during the day.
--Jason