Remember me
Lost Password Register

Red Granite Quarry
10-18-2003, 02:40 PM,
Re:Red Granite Quarry
Lets have a view from the top. Tongue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   George_Ready_for_Jump_-_1_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 31.29 KB / Downloads: 0)
10-18-2003, 02:45 PM,
Now the challenge is just stepping off. We do it all of the time off of the boats. No big deal. It is OK. Think about the Bahamas Liveaboard. I think the Morning Star was about this high above the water. :-\

No fear! :Smile

.jpg_thumb   George_Splashdown_-_1_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 41.29 KB / Downloads: 0)
10-18-2003, 02:47 PM,
Once you live through the first jump, It is two at a time after that! ;D

.jpg_thumb   George_and_Al_Splashdown_-_1_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 39.91 KB / Downloads: 0)
10-18-2003, 02:51 PM,
Kids, do not try this at home or in any waters that you are not familiar with. Wink Include plenty of other disclaimers.

What people will do to reduce the amount of swimming.

Oh, Yes, It does make a splash.

Doug

.jpg_thumb   Splash_Down_-_1_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 37.31 KB / Downloads: 0)
10-18-2003, 02:57 PM,
If you did not get out today you missed the fun. And that was just above water.

Doug

.jpg_thumb   Dive_Class_-_10_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 38.49 KB / Downloads: 0)
10-19-2003, 06:49 AM,
Doug,

We used to enter off of this rock when used to dive up there. THe most important thing to remember was to keep your feet together when you hit the water- for obvious reasons!

One of my buddies eventually ripped his At-Pack apart from one too many jumps. I think it was just a good excuse to get a new BC. Wink

Jon

Attached Files
.jpg   Red_Granite.jpg (Size: 12.05 KB / Downloads: 42)
10-19-2003, 02:33 PM,
I remember that rock real well. The last time I was there there were some nicely shaped teenage girls jumping off of it. ;D Yep, nothing like a hot summer day. As I recall I eventully did submerge.

Jim
10-19-2003, 08:06 PM,
Did a fair amount of diving in Red Granite this weekend. Spent a lot of time trying to get interesting pictures.

Went a little deep where you have only your light and a lot of strange growths. When you are in the Caribbean, this type of stuff under the ledges and in the dark is sensitive ecology. In fresh water this is the slime in the dark.

Both can be interesting to photograph.

.jpg_thumb   Algae_-_1_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 38.07 KB / Downloads: 0)
10-19-2003, 08:08 PM,
Or even like this.

.jpg_thumb   Algae_-_2_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 39.69 KB / Downloads: 0)
10-19-2003, 08:15 PM,
Everyone likes the colors of the tropical fish. Fresh water fish can be good to look at also. I like the rainbow trout, but I was not able to get a good picture of any. They tend to be a little skitish.

However, this perch was nice.

.jpg_thumb   Perch_-_5_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 40.95 KB / Downloads: 0)