Remember me
Lost Password Register

Monona Outlet Dive
12-24-2006, 02:28 PM,
Re: Monona Outlet Dive
Went diving at the outlet today sinse the weather was to good to pass up.  The pumps were not on, but that was OK.  Iwanted to test my equipment in 33-34 degree water in prep for ice diving.  There was nothing under the barge or in the tunnel that I could see, didn't go into the tunnel without a buddy, so I went for a tour around.  15min into the dive, my regulator started to freeflow.  I surfaced and shut my air off for a few minutes.  Once my regulator was working again I went back down but stayed closer to shore.  Found lots of fish in the weed beds straight out from the entry point.  I took it really slow and long slow breathing and the regulator didn't act up again.
Life's Short, Dive Hard
12-30-2006, 10:46 PM,
Went diving again sinse the weatherman was wrong again!  I checked out the outlet first, didn't look like the pumps were on, so I went to the Terrace to dive.  Conditions were the same as last week.  Saw quite a few fish including a 20" tiger muskie.  Tried out my new Mares 5mm gloves and they were a much needed improvement.
Life's Short, Dive Hard
01-07-2007, 03:38 PM,

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I've been off line during the Holiday's and the move.  I'm coming to Wisconsin for work, this is actually my second time here, I live in Milwaukee for a little over a year in 2001 and 2002.  But I was not certified then. 
I lived on the West Coast of Florida so the really good diving on the East coast was about a 4 hour drive.  But there are some great wrecks in the Gulf and shark tooth diving off Venice beach is addicting. 
I'm looking forward to checking out some of the wrecks in Lake Michigan this summer, I've heard they are fantastic. 
My house is still for sale in Florida so hopefully it will sell soon and I'll be up permanently.  I only brought one truck load up here this trip and unfortunately my dive gear did not make the trip, I'll pick it up when I go back in Feb.  Of course I'll still need to rent some cold weather gear until I'm able to purchase some. 
Looking forward to diving with you all soon. 

-Skink
01-07-2007, 05:57 PM,
Welcome back Skink,  I went diving on the 30th and the 2nd and had mixed results.  The 30th did the Monona Terrace.  Saw a 20" Muskie and a lot of Bluegill.  On the 2nd, did Mendota/Shorewood site and Monona outlet, both were boring dives.  I did find a long ultralite fishing rod that I've wanted for along time, but I don't fish anymore, rather swim with them.
Life's Short, Dive Hard