Remember me
Lost Password Register

TDI Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures
12-02-2003, 05:26 PM,
Re:TDI Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures
How can the fact that DIR is an outgrowth of the Hogarthian configuration be a reason not to ascribe to its principals? Also, the commonly held perception of a stroke is an unsafe diver. I am very selective of who I do any serious diving with, I won't do those dives with unsafe divers. I would love to really understand your true issues with the system on a logical basis. What do you not like about the system itself?

Breathing and donating the long hose?

Backplate and wings configuration?

Properly balanced rigs?

Standardized equipment configurations?

Personal fitness?

Team diving philosophy?

I am not trying to throw bombs here, I genuinely would like to have a dialog on the merits of the system, not the noise that tends to surround it.

If there is enough interest, I know that both Jon and I would be happy to have a discussion in the advanced diving forum.
12-02-2003, 07:14 PM,

Ok I breathe and donate the long hose.

Yep I dive a back plate (both soft pack and back plate depending on the need) and wings (though I have a dual wing ).

Personal Fitness. No disagreements here.

Team diving philosophy. Seems about right. Though a good team should IMHO work this out over many dives before diving something serious.

Properly balanced rigs? Standardized Equipment Cinfigurations? Starting to get there. What constitutes a properly balanced rig? IMHO this should be based on an individual divers requirments. Also the diving conditions have a large impact on this as well. This ties into a standardized rig as well. Example in point I dive a set of doubles on a OMS stainless back plate. I use a dive rite dual rec wing with 51# lift. I am diving a Apexs 200 right post (long hose with a stainless clip attatched -cave line). My dry suit inflation comes from my right post. My SPG is on my left post and has a cover as well as a retractor. My cannister light is attatched to my back plate right side. And my drusuit gas (when I will need it ) will be attatched to my left with the dreaded metal on metal connection that I also use for my light. This is not a DIR rig as my understanding goes. But what will make me a "cluster" or unsafe diver here.
12-03-2003, 05:36 AM,
As long as you don't mind, I am going to address your questions in a separate thread, so people can better find the info and chime in in advanced discussions.