Remember me
Lost Password Register

Stripping paint from tanks
10-30-2006, 12:50 PM,
Re: Stripping paint from tanks
I doubt that, but I think that part of the label is funny.
[/quote]

All the dive shops in California have large signs on/near the doors saying "This establishment sells products containing chemicals known by the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm."  I believe they're referring to the lead used in the weights, and there's also usually a sign over the weights as well. 

Many electronic stores have these signs as well (lead solder, maybe mercury in displays, etc...).  It's a bit ridiculous, but I'd much rather have it disclosed (in the store, on product labels, etc...) and well-known than have it be a secret.

Ethan
[/quote]
I don't know about "secret". I just figure that most things aren't going to be good for me. That won't stop me from eating, drinking, wearing, or breathing them. I think common sense goes a long way in figuring out what to stay away from. Although, I guess if that were the case, people would have figured out a few hundred years ago that purposely breathing in the smoke from a burning plant may not be the best idea. Rubbing mercury into your skin (or injecting it) for STD's wasn't to smart either..... ;D
10-31-2006, 05:02 PM,
I wonder if the adult entertainment industry knows about this "stripper in a can" thing...
11-24-2006, 02:01 PM,
Quote:
I think it's actually a political thing. It's o.k. to breathe if you're a conservative Republican. If you live in The Republic of California or Madison you'd better NOT breathe it. ;D  Next time I'll bead blast it for you.
Quote:

DON'T bead-blast your tanks! 
At least, make sure the media you are using has never seen steel!  Getting steel blasted into the aluminum of your tank, and THEN submerging it in water makes for a really chemical process that eats through aluminum.  The water isn't neccessary, but it does speed it up. 
And salt water will eat through the tank wall in a little over a month!

CJR