Remember me
Lost Password Register

Straits of Mackinac
08-21-2003, 08:29 AM,
Re:Straits of Mackinac
Great pix Doug! I really thought the diving was excellent, the charter service on the other hand needed a bit of a fine tuning. All in all was a great weekend of diving. I would really like to spend more time on the Cedarville and the Eber Ward along with checking out a few more of the wrecks that the Straits have to offer.

08-21-2003, 08:57 AM,
Todd,

Who did you charter with up there?

I ahven't dove the area in about 10 years, but I remember one of the prettiest wrecks I ever dove was up there- the Newell Eddy.

There was also another wreck that had some great swimthroughs. You could do an entire deck level, or two, from one end to the other on the Cayuga.

Jon
08-21-2003, 01:28 PM,
Jon

The charter boat we were on was named the Intrepid. Apparently the owners name is Larry McElroy (sp?). The other boat there was the Rec Diver. Both boats were docked next to the Straits Scuba diveshop/fill station. I'm not sure on the specific contact information because I did not set up the charter but I can get it if you need it.

Todd
08-21-2003, 01:35 PM,

A bit more information here.
08-21-2003, 01:35 PM,
Thanks, Todd

I was just wondering who you went through. When I was up there we brought up our own boat and went where-ever we wanted to. I do know that Shipwreck Adventures runs a couple of trips up there every summer to do some of the deeper stuff. I have seen the boats that you are talking about, but have never dove with them.

Jon