Remember me
Lost Password Register

Rock Lake diving
01-10-2007, 12:13 PM,
Re: Rock Lake diving
I want them for bottom time, not depth/redundancy.

Mike
01-19-2007, 05:51 PM,
Mike I will block off those dates as well. Hopefully you still have a copy of the numbers, and a second GPS to compare notes
WORK IS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T DIVE!
01-19-2007, 06:06 PM,
slight over kill, but you may want to check into shipping them.....while you are talking about a further distance, i just shipped a set of twins from Duluth to a little town north of detroit..via fedex ground for 42.00...just a thought
gl
01-21-2007, 07:46 PM,
Good idea.

Yes, I have the numbers and the GPS. Sounds like a plan!
02-07-2007, 04:39 PM,
How does April look? Still good timeframe? I bet you have ice now... on my latest blog at:

I show a photomerge I did of a sunken shovel at a local quarry, similar to what I want to do with whatever I find in Rock Lake. The viz was about 15-20 feet, I used a circular polarizer to limit backscatter and a diffuser on my strobe.

Is there a Marriott property near Lake Miles? (Marriott, Curtyard, Residence, etc?)
04-22-2007, 04:40 PM,
A bunch of us were out there yesterday spearfishing. Vis was about 10' at best. We dove the cribs on the sand bar in the south end of the lake and then moved over to the weed beds on the west side.

Wind kind of stirred things up but the water was the warmest I've dove in for quite a while- 48 degrees.

They still don't have the boat ramps in so launching required wetsuits- which we all happend to have on so it was fine, but there were a few cold, wet, fisherman who were not as enthuised.  Wink

Jon
05-08-2007, 10:09 AM,
I was up April 27-30 and dove on the 28-29. We found some interesting things like stone circles that could have been the remains of Pukawska pits, mounds of stones that didn't really look like glacial drumlins to me and a sculted mound that resembled what others have called the Turtle effigy. I hope to make additional trips up to dive in the late fall to look at some other areas of interest.

We also found a Ford Model A wheel...

Anybody have any family stories about Great-Grand Father so and so losing his wheel/car while ice fishng on the lake?

Mike