Remember me
Lost Password Register

Aluminum 80 in Green Lake
06-12-2006, 09:06 AM,
Re: Aluminum 80 in Green Lake
Jim,

Was it in Lake Michigan, anywhere near the Milwaukee, and did it have a Posiden reg on it?

About that long ago I had a buddy who thought he would tie off an extra tank on the line and never found it again- of course, that was back in the days that we couldn't even see our fin tips on some dives.

If not, well everyone on here now has something to look for next time there in that area.  Wink

Jon
06-12-2006, 09:43 AM,

What was the start?  Smile
[/quote]

I think the start was the thread about using a pontoon as a diveboat and Chris posted the story about friends who lost some gear from a pontoon boat.......click yet Jason?? ;D

If not heres the thread

[/quote]

Ah yeah - I remember that now!
06-12-2006, 04:38 PM,
It was found off Port Washington.  No reg, just a backpack and plenty of zebra mussels.  Must have fallen off a boat a bunch of years ago.

Jim
07-07-2006, 07:04 AM,
Hey Jon,
Last fall an excited diver came up from the Milwaukee after finding a fairly new tank with a reg and pressure gauge still attached. He thought it was the find of the year, just lying, tucked in, on the deck. It had a big TX marking on it. We hurriedly made him swim it back down and put it back where he found it so Tracy could do his deco. Now we routinely discuss leaving stage bottles where you find them during the pre charter briefings… Yikes...
Rick~~~
07-07-2006, 09:04 AM,
thats a good story..i have a similar one that i will keep to myself Wink