Remember me
Lost Password Register

Pearl Lake, IL
07-09-2006, 03:03 PM,
Re: Pearl Lake, IL
Dove Pearl Lake friday morning.  It was fun, but mostly because i had a great buddy!  Thanks!

Vis was pretty bad if you went deep at all (couldn't see the full plane while decending).  Coolest Part was seeing a huge walleye under the tracks, and checking out the blue gill? spawning beds.  There was a ton of fish there!

Anyway,  I enjoyed it, but wish the vis would have been nice.  The crazy thing is that me and my buddy were the only ones at our sights.
07-14-2006, 01:45 PM,
Anyone wanting to go this weekend?
08-08-2006, 05:39 PM,
Has anyone been to Pearl Lake lately?  I heard that the viz went down drammatically lately.  Is this true for weekdays as well?  I'd like to get there in the next two weeks, but only if it will be worth the trip.  Any input would be appreciated.
08-08-2006, 06:52 PM,
Sorry, my last time there was early july.  My report on the vis is a couple posts up for those dives.
08-09-2006, 10:50 AM,
Hopefully its not too bad.  My son is taking his Open Water class and we're going down there the weekend of the 21st for his open water dives.   
The only good diver is a wet diver.
08-09-2006, 02:13 PM,
I will be there on the 26th for a couple dives.
08-17-2006, 06:03 PM,
Well, I just made arrangements to do my first Pearl Lake dives tomorrow.  I'll report back with conditions.

Mike
08-18-2006, 05:42 PM,
Well, just got back a little while ago.  We did two dives at Pearl Lake.  This was my first trip there.  We saw several sunken boats, the submarine, the plane, several platforms and the bouyancy course.  Other than the toys, this lake is not a BFD.  Sand, sand and more sand.  The toys are neat but IMO a little boring between them.  Viz was 15 - 20 ft. down to about 25 ft or so, then it dropped considerably.  In all, I'm glad I finally got there and enjoyed swimming around the stuff.

Hope this is helpful to someone.

Mike
08-20-2006, 06:42 PM,
My 16 yr. old son just completed his open water certification this weekend at Pearl!  He did awesome, and we went on a dive with him today after he was finished.  He's got his bouyancy down better than I do and I have my aow. Sad  They had him at 18 lbs in a 7mm full suit for his class.  He dropped 6 lbs and dove with us at 12lbs!  We were stopped and hovering in about 15 ft of water at one point and he was scribbling a note to me on his slate, he was hovering perfectly AND writing while I desperately tried to stay down and ended up popping up to the surface!  Talk about embarassing! Big Grin
The only good diver is a wet diver.
08-21-2006, 07:20 AM,
Congratulations to your son! Big Grin  How soon will we see him posting here?
DEW >&ltWink)>