wiscuba.com

Full Version: Pearl Lake, IL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I will be moving to Southern Wi in the next couple months, and i was wondering if Pearl Lake is a popular dive spot, or if it is just a "ehh, ok" but not often dove spot.  I gather that it is somewhat more expensive than the other dive spots.  What are your opinions?
The owner doesn't allow freediving so I no longer dive it- he can't wrap his head around the idea of "snorkeling" with a weightbelt and no BC.  >Sad

Not a bad place during the week, but gets crazy busy on the weekends.

Jon
$20 a day and $8 fills = sorta expensive.

I'll do it once a season.
Reality:
    Pearl Lake Should Not be Pleasure Dived during the weekends as there are way to many Dive Training students classes out there!
As a Dive Place it's worth $20.00 for New Divers:
Small, easy access, Max Depth about 80+ feet.
Lots of things to see & discover:
Sunken Boats, Planes, Trucks, Subs & Other Cool Stuff!
Good place for Compass Work!
Viz is not bad when Not Stirred Up By Students!
Nice Beach for Non-Divers, Resteraunt/Bar.
   Just one divers opinion!
         Rik O+<

Jason

Thats a spot I want to dive.  Give Me a pm when you get in to town.  Glad yo found wiscuba.

Steven
Its a dive,If you go week days vis can be up,fun things to dive to see, weekends as said are nuts with training.
dive safe,
Brad
I have found Thursdays are the best to go to Pearl. Bring some kind of gloves though as the sights are getting a little rusty. Vis was around 25' a week or so back H2O temp was mid 60s at the surface but low 50s at around 15'. Hope this helps.
Thanks.  I'm planning on being in Janesville The first week of july for some appt. Hunting.  Would anyone be interested in diving July 5-6?
Do they allow solo diving?
NO  :o they do NOT allow solo diving.
Pages: 1 2 3 4