Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Wazee
11-03-2003, 10:25 AM,
Re:Lake Wazee
It was actually fairly busy out there yesterday - there were at least half a dozen cars. There was a group doing some tech diving and a few other recreational guys. Surprising turnout considering the weather was kind of crap.

Cool video Smile
11-04-2003, 10:46 AM,
Ok, I'm dying to know why you are both holding your regulators.
11-04-2003, 10:59 AM,
We got some funny pictures of us "rescuing" Barney - I had just put my regulator back in my mouth and George was getting ready to give Barney some needed air Smile
11-04-2003, 12:43 PM,

Ahhh, donating the long hose. The picture is funnier now. We swam past that Barney two weekends ago, and there was another one at the bottom of the line in about 100ft of water.
11-04-2003, 01:22 PM,
Yeah, it's fun stuff ;D

It was a good day of diving...I felt sorry for Doug in the wetsuit though. Yikes!
11-04-2003, 06:14 PM,
Oh, yes it was cold. :'(The first dive was OK, but the second dive was brutal. Need the dry suit for this kind of diving.

Doug
02-09-2004, 10:35 PM,
Ice diving on Lake Wazee this Saturday was great. Weather was as nice as I have ever experienced for ice diving. Good turn out and a fun group. Lake Wazee Sport puts together a good time again.

Ice was about a foot thick, which is just right for ice diving.

Water clarity was great. Sunny weather made for a lot of light once the snow was pushed out of the way.

Great diving, lets look at some pictures. Here is George enjoying the conditions.

Doug

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   George_-_16_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 37.6 KB / Downloads: 0)
02-09-2004, 10:41 PM,
We had a chance to explore some of the trees. Visibility was very good, at least 80 feet. Jason is in this picture.

.jpg_thumb   Jason_-_44_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 34.44 KB / Downloads: 0)
02-09-2004, 10:49 PM,
After a while of getting stuck in the trees we moved over to a wall where it was easy to keep the rope clear. There is nothing better than swimming along a wall with good visibility. The temperature is a balmy 39 deg F at this point, which is about what it is in summer also. Only difference is the rope.

.jpg_thumb   Jason_and_George_-_6_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 35.48 KB / Downloads: 0)
02-09-2004, 10:53 PM,
Now where is that hole?

.jpg_thumb   Ice_Field_-_5_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 26.61 KB / Downloads: 0)