Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Wazee
02-05-2007, 12:53 AM,
Re: Lake Wazee
Just so everybody knows the ice diving social sponsored by Wazee Sports was originally going to be scheduled for Sat. Feb 3, but was pushed back to Feb. 24 because at the time, Wazee had yet to freeze over.  Ice diving is one thing, but ice diving at -15 is another.  I think we'll have plenty of thick ice after this weekend.
02-23-2007, 10:10 PM,
Just a really late reminder, the Wazee Sports Ice Dive Social is tomorrow (Saturday, Feb. 24).  Hope some of you make the trek through the snow to be there.  The white chicken chili is all complete ready for the AM.  Come and get it.

Andy
02-24-2007, 04:50 PM,
Hope you guys had fun. The weather was looking questionable for our long drive so we decided to chicken out. Maybe next year. Hope the chili was good! Wink
02-24-2007, 05:48 PM,
It was a good time - not a huge crowd, but the diving was fun - some wicked wind out there though...wow.  Plus I got to play with my new sidemount BC...it was great stuff.  Makes getting out of the ice a cinch!
02-24-2007, 08:42 PM,
Nice diving under the ice.  I did not notice any snow or wind while swimming along the road bed at 50 feet.  Jason was out with his new side mounts.  He said that was mounted sideways, yo will never go back.  I am not sure what he meant by this.

Here are some pictures of Jason down below.  Not my best efforts but there was not much sunlight to work with today.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Jason with Side Mount - 1 - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 34.19 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Jason with Side Mount - 3 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 32.05 KB / Downloads: 0)
02-24-2007, 08:43 PM,
Here are some pictures of the ce hole on the way out.  Nice diving.  Hope to see you at the bottom soon.

Doug

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   Ice Hole - 1 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg (Size: 79.97 KB / Downloads: 350)
.jpg_thumb   Jason with Side Mount - 7 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 37.84 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Ice Hole - 1 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 33.06 KB / Downloads: 0)
03-16-2007, 02:04 PM,
Anyone have the current ice conditions for Wazee?  Looking forward to some open water!
03-16-2007, 09:28 PM,
Last weekend there was still 15 inches of ice.  I'll bet the two holes that were cut last week have opened up a bit though with the warm weather.

You probably have a couple more weeks before you'll see open water...

Jeff
03-30-2007, 11:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-30-2007, 05:50 PM by LKunze.)
Wazee is open!
04-09-2007, 07:23 PM,
I haven't been to Wazee as of yet and I was thinking about planning a camping excursion for the dive club I belong to.  What's the skinny on campsites with electric in the area.  I'm thinking of going up in May sometime so having "heat" at night may be a good thing.  These old bones are a little more spoiled then they were in the olden days. Yarr.
Thanks

Jim