Remember me
Lost Password Register

Video Camera housing frustrations $$$
04-07-2003, 04:28 PM,
Re:Video Camera housing frustrations $$$
No, these were Sea and Sea MMII's. I understand that if you change out the o-rings on Nikonos's you can take them down to over 300'.

My best guess on a lens would be to look at the Sea&sea lenses that are made for Nikonos. They make screw on ones that will fit onto the standard 35mm Nikonos lens and they also make actual lenses that will fit into the camera for a lot less money than a Nikkor lens. Sea&sea also makes a coveted 12mm rectilinear lens with no fisheye effect AND it's cheaper than a Nikkor 15mm lens. ;D

You could also try and look into an "Aqualens" that is sold through HELIX photo in Chicago. It is an underwater lens housing for your land camera lenses.

I don't know how much money I would invest into a Nikonos camera anymore. Nikon has stopped making them and they won't even have repair parts in another year or two. I will no longer spend any money on my film cameras since I went to digital. Digital cameras allow you to do SO much more than a regular film camera can. I think that my digital camera will pay for itself in about a year just because of the money I have saved in film developing costs. 8)

Also check E-bay and the HELIX used underwater photo site. IF you want to buy new I would look at B+H photo. I buy my 35mm film from them in bulk and have also purchased replacement sync cords and other things form them.

I hope tht helps,

Jon

Messages In This Thread
Re:Video Camera housing frustrations $$$ - by FreediveWI - 04-07-2003, 04:28 PM