03-01-2005, 05:45 PM,
Re: Lake Wazee
Aaahhh...I mis-read Smile

03-01-2005, 06:21 PM,

Good enough reason I guess.  Wink
03-01-2005, 09:15 PM,
Hmmm....  Kneeling on a platform in 65' of water would really qualify someone for advance open water.
If I was activly teaching this level I would use it as a staging area to get the divers organized for a wall dive there, which would require good bouyancy and control that more instructors should take into consideration for someone to be come an advanced.... diver.  Just food for thought.
Safe Diving,
Greg
FYI - Chris I haven't been to Kurtz's tonight  Smile
03-02-2005, 05:56 AM,
Hmmm....  Kneeling on a platform in 65' of water would really qualify someone for advance open water.
If I was activly teaching this level I would use it as a staging area to get the divers organized for a wall dive there, which would require good bouyancy and control that more instructors should take into consideration for someone to be come an advanced.... diver.  Just food for thought.
Safe Diving,
Greg
FYI - Chris I haven't been to Kurtz's tonight  Smile
[/quote]
I mentioned this a few posts back in not so many words.
03-02-2005, 08:41 AM,
I believe padi now calls it Adventures in Diving instead of advanced open water.  Before, the only requirements for AOW were having an OW c-card and money for the class.  They didn't need to be "advanced" divers.  Now it is structured so the OW divers look more at taking certain specialty courses. 

I've also seen some "divemasters" who you would think don't need a platform to stay out of the mud.
03-04-2005, 10:04 AM,
Is Keith still trying to get a dive shop going this summer or is he going to just pull around the compressor for fills?

Thanks
03-04-2005, 10:22 AM,

He gave us an update at the last ice dive.  There are some things in the works, but I don't know how much of it is public knowledge.  I suggest that you email Keith directly.
03-16-2005, 03:00 PM,
Is there still ice on Wazee and what has the viz been like?

Thank You
03-16-2005, 03:13 PM,

Wazee Sports has an ice dive planned on Saturday.  I'm guessing there is still ice.    No idea about the vis.  We had 30-60ft a few weeks ago.
03-17-2005, 12:05 AM,
Who's diving Wazee on Sat?? 

I'm back from Coz (writeup to follow...the cave diving on the island was out of this world!) and want to go freeze my butt off.