Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Wazee
10-31-2004, 11:24 AM,
Re:Lake Wazee
Love those tables @ peacock...only thing that sucks is the walk down the boardwalk to the spring. Makes getting stuff on a cinch though...but that's why I love my f150 because the tailgate is @ the perfect height for gearing up.
10-31-2004, 01:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-31-2004, 01:25 PM by WIdiver_Paul.)

I hear it beats trudging through the swamp the way they used to Smile
But then they used to be able to drive right up to the water...

The other day at Wazee I poked a hole in the butt of my suit because I had to sit down on the sharp rocks to get my gear off Sad I was with a small group out of a truck/trailer but we had the compressor on the gate. I usually utilize the gate on my truck too but it wasn't possible for this one. On the last dive I stood waiting so long for a turn to ungear that I actually got a twinge in my shoulder and left arm from all that weight pinching circulation off :-\ Then I had to deal with wife asking me why I had the O2 bottle in bed with us for an hour...

It's just a little irritating when you spend all that money and there's not even any tables available for us to use at Wazee.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   PaulsidemountPeacock.jpg_thumb (Size: 44.37 KB / Downloads: 0)
10-31-2004, 04:55 PM,
Have you seen that big table at site #1. It was there last weekend and the weekend before. Not sure if it's permanent or not but it's a nice size heavy duty table. Maybe they'll set some more of those up at the other accesses. It looked big enough for at least three sets of gear.
10-31-2004, 05:04 PM,
I'll contribute $20.00 to make a table fund if someone will make the table
gail
10-31-2004, 07:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-12-2004, 09:20 AM by WIdiver_Paul.)
Aww!

Now that's what I like, putting your money where your mouth is!

I would definitely put my construction expertise to work for a worthy task like this one!

Attached Files
.jpg   paul_avatar65x65.jpg (Size: 16.03 KB / Downloads: 70)
10-31-2004, 07:40 PM,

Saw this table, it is really nice. Would be great if it is there for the divers.

Doug
10-31-2004, 08:23 PM,
Did a little diving with Andy and Rik on Saturday. Took a few pictures but really enjoyed the diving. The fish are starting to disappear from the cribs and other shallow habitat. Only the little ones and a few bass seem to be around. Winter is coming boys, get the chainsaw ready.

Here is Andy enjoying the dive.

.jpg_thumb   Andy_-_1_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 32.95 KB / Downloads: 0)
10-31-2004, 08:25 PM,
Here is Rik taking in the sights of Lake Wazee.

.jpg_thumb   Rik_-_2_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 30.18 KB / Downloads: 0)
10-31-2004, 08:27 PM,
THe weeds have flattened out and only smaller fish seem to be around. Here are the weeds that usually are floating just to the right side of the boatlanding dive site. They are now down.

.jpg_thumb   Weeds_-_28_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 42.41 KB / Downloads: 0)
10-31-2004, 08:30 PM,
The visibility is atarting to get very good, so the trees become even more interesting. Here we are looking through a submerged tree, realy neat. Only small fish around.

Some good diving left in Lake Wazee for this season. Hope to get a few more dives in before we have to cut our way in.

See you on the lake

Doug

.jpg_thumb   Trees_-_26_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 41.09 KB / Downloads: 0)