Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Wazee
03-28-2004, 08:14 PM,
Re:Lake Wazee
These recent rains should just about do it.

Doug
03-29-2004, 08:42 PM,
Another Wazee Update:

I went out and checked Wazee yet again, Sunday evening. There is still ice on the whole lake, but the 1st. dive site right behind the campground shows the most promise. I chucked a couple of 10 pound rocks out onto the ice and they busted right through. Also where there is some sort of gauge, say just to the left of the asphalt path, there is about a car sized opening that leads right down to the wall area.

The swimming area is completely ice free if anyone was interested in a little swim or a day at the beach.

Any day now, we can only hope, any day now!!

Andy
04-01-2004, 07:35 PM,
This is the last ice report from me this spring regarding the ice on Lake Wazee.

There is no ice!!!!!!!!!!!! It went out in the past couple days, gone, no ice, time to dive.

Who might be available to dive this weekend in the afternoon? Anyone?

Supposed to be a really nice weather weekend as far as I can see...temps in the 60's. Water temps in the high 30's...time to break out the drysuit from last month's ice dive.

Andy
04-01-2004, 08:15 PM,
Son of a...we are going to Red Granite. It won't be as clear, but it is 2 hours closer to home.
04-01-2004, 08:28 PM,
Son of a....now I'm really ticked I'm not going to be here this weekend.
04-02-2004, 05:11 PM,

Andy,

Any thoughts about when you would be diving? I may be interested in a dip in the big pool.

Doug
04-02-2004, 07:50 PM,
Doug,

I'd probably go diving about 2:00-ish on Saturday if I did. I'm going to check with another dive partner to see if he wants to dive as well. My wife is having a Mary Kay open house, so I'd rather be out of the area for a few hours while its going on. I work all night, so I'll be checking my email frequently, mrclean_409@yahoo.com or call me tomorrow 715-284-8098, and leave a message if you are going to be there a certain time. I figure I'll be back up tomorrow between noon and 1 pm.

Andy
04-03-2004, 07:18 PM,
Good dive this afternoon at Wazee with Doug and another BRF diver. Nice and cold with spots of murky areas where we lost each other. But I'm hoping all the rain and wind was the cause of the less than stellar vis.

REgardless, better than staying home.

05-26-2004, 09:38 PM,
Did some nice diving on Saturday with Jason Baker and LKunze in Lake Wazee.

Good diving between the rain storms, though the sun came out nicely in the afternoon. Got some pictures. The fish are moving up and getting active.

Here is a nice ittle bluegill checking out the fish crib.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Bluegill_-_158_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 39.92 KB / Downloads: 0)
05-26-2004, 09:43 PM,
Look out mister bluegill here comes mister bass. Soon the competition will be fun to watch as these fish spawn.

Wild fish sex Tongue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Bass_-_102_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 39.35 KB / Downloads: 0)