Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Wazee
08-25-2003, 09:14 PM,
Re:Lake Wazee
Seems that around here (MN - WIS) most of the interesting stuff is always in v. shallow water eh? I've never seen one of those before.. or heard of 'em.
Fred
08-26-2003, 08:46 PM,
That is a really col picture. I've seen one snake in the water at waze, and that was in something like one or two inches of water on shore...and it didn't look anything like that one...

As far as those scooters guy...heck yeah, that would be just an awesome toy. But YIKES, what an expensive one =)

Maybe I can borrow yours sometime Jon???? ;D Hehe
08-26-2003, 09:01 PM,
Check out ebay. Wink Just don't buy one of those "tiger ray" pool toy ones. I had a chance to demo one, actually two since they had both the 1 and 2 battery models, and they were useless!!

If you want to give one a shot, both Deep Blue Adventures and Pirate's Cove rent them out. Deep Blue has 3 or 4 in rental and Pirate's cove has a varitey of Farallon, Tekna's and even a Gavin.

Jon
08-27-2003, 07:54 AM,
Hehe....hey, I had to ask =)

Wazee Sports has some for rent, but if I remember they are the Tiger Ray's Sad
09-01-2003, 07:00 PM,
Went to Lake Wazee this weekend and took the grand tour of the wall by the campground. Visited all of my favorite locations. Visibility was great below 100 feet and very good above 30 feet. THe mid range was not so hot.

A lot of fish going around which makes the dive very enjoyable. Who says that fresh water fish have no color? Check out this bluegill.

Doug

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Bluegill_-_44_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 36.81 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-01-2003, 07:09 PM,
Another thing that makes Lake Wazee fun is the colorful sandstone that is the overburden on the iron ore. This sandstone is red and orange in color and can make a good contrast to the green of the plant life. Put a fish in the picture and it can be great. At other depths you have the blue/gray of the iron ore with white quartz, mica and fool's gold for contrast. With the purple and green algeas, this can be very pretty. When the visibility is good in the spring, it can be awesome.

This bass was cruising the wall for this photograph.

Doug

.jpg_thumb   Bass_-_51_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 40.4 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-01-2003, 07:15 PM,
There are also a few artifacts in the lake that are neat to see and make for good landmarks. Here are the cherubs (fishing of all things) with sandstone and some iron ore for contrast.

Doug

.jpg_thumb   Cherubs_-_7_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 39.93 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-01-2003, 07:19 PM,
Look out for this guy in the deep.

Doug

.jpg_thumb   Gargoyle_-_6_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 44.27 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-01-2003, 07:25 PM,
In this same area, you can catch the reflection of you buddy in the ball. Just do not stay too long.

Doug

.jpg_thumb   The_Ball_-_14_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 31.25 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-01-2003, 07:30 PM,
Lake Wazee is the kind of lake that you can just rub the wall to see something neat.

Plenty of diving time left this year. Get out there and see what is the water. Remember that ice is no object.

Doug

.jpg_thumb   Wall_-_23_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 44.25 KB / Downloads: 0)